Boat Titling Question

aburley88

I'm looking at this old jon boat to turn into a mini bass boat. There is no title as previous owner only used oars, and no placard for any sort of identification, so my question is how would I go about registering it? I plan on going to DMV tomorrow to ask them but if I can get some good info here first I may just buy and register it tomorrow instead. Thanks for any info

Sent from my LGL33L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Forgot to add that I've looked online at DMV and I'm still having trouble understanding how to go about this. The way their website is setup is so backwards, I just want to have a small boat to fish the bays and Finger Lakes with.

Sent from my phone at a place

From what I understand I'd it has never been titled/registered you will need a picture and some extra $$$ to get assigned hull numbers....don't quote me but when I was looking to put motor on my 1950s alum dingy that's what I came up with but never did it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, I know it needs numbers even if it's just a trolling motor like I plan on using. Still think I'm going to talk to someone in person at DMV tomorrow though just to make sure I get it right first time. I'm not in possession of it yet, just trying to make sure I can reg it before purchase.

Sent from my phone at a place