Wilson NY Dances with Fish

Wilson NY Dances with Fish

Well we got the boat in for the first trip of the season and to put it in its home for April and most of May. We are Erie guys coming to fish the Whi. Well day one on Sunday was a struggle conditions for us were tough fished Wilson to Olcott with only one brown to show. Mudline was way out and we struggled. Spent the night in the boat and headed west of Wilson five miles.  Took me to long to figure out I needed to be in under 12ft were the mudline wasn't as intense. Once there it did not matter color or brand of sticks the browns were hungry. Most bites turned into doubles and triples. Best were rapalas blue/silver and cold steel. Bay rats took fish to. Only trick was to find the water that was not completly brown inside 10ft.  Did a quick limit this morning with my crew whom is gaining exsperience.  

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

They reel all of them in all alone. I no longer believe there is any actual correct way to reel in a fish besides not trying to horse them. The kids knock off way less fish then my buddies.  Just reel slow and steady.