Sandy Creek first time out!

Took my dad out for a couple hours this morning at Sandy, first time out this year! No docks yet which made launching "fun"

The water was warm! 48-49 degrees on the surface (maybe from south wind?) we only managed one football brown... got it on a 4" chartreuse bay rat. 10' fow west of the mouth. Anybody else fishing at Sandy? Any success?IMG_2631.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, Benfolkhero said:

Took my dad out for a couple hours this morning at Sandy, first time out this year! No docks yet which made launching "fun"

The water was warm! 48-49 degrees on the surface (maybe from south wind?) we only managed one football brown... got it on a 4" chartreuse bay rat. 10' fow west of the mouth. Anybody else fishing at Sandy? Any success?IMG_2631.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were out this morning. Nothing hot and heavy but a slow pic all morning for us.

56 minutes ago, paprman said:

No bites. Fished from Shipbuilders to a couple miles east and back. Cold muddy water all over about 43 degrees. I was hoping the water would clear past Shipbuilders but it didn't.

That muddy water goes all the way past our Webster treatment plant intake on Basket Rd in Webster.  I wouldn't be surprised if it did not go to Ginna. 

It's all about the wind direction as we all know. We fished Mon with SSW breeze and water cleared up just past Shipbuilders. River water was getting pushed offshore.  IBay has a muddy plume but nothing like the river.  I believe the wind has been NW since Tues. keeping the mud nearshore.       

Fished Sandy 5:30-8:15 PM Thurs.night without a release, with 4 rods. I was surprised, water temp 46.9  creek temperature  50. Water was muddy out to 20 ft with the temperature out there 44.9. I guess there was nothing to concentrate the fish. Bummer!