I-81 North through Binghamton construction update

I-81 North through Binghamton construction update

This for those of you that travel from PA and NJ. If you are traveling 81 North through Binghamton, by the end of April it will be down to one lane. They are putting a temporary bridge up as they rebuild one of the overpasses. Traffic will be backed up real bad during the day. Traffic may not be too bad during the early morning hours. Not sure when this new overpass will be completed. Here is an alternative route:

Take Exit 2W to Route 11. Route 11 will turn into Court St. At the 5th red light, take a right onto Broad Ave. At the 3rd red light, make a left onto Bevier St. At the 5th red light, take a right on to Front St and in a ¼ mile take the entrance to 81 North.

If traffic is really backed up, you can take Exit 1 off of 81 North. At the bottom of the exit, make a left on to Cederhurst Rd. Then ¼ mile up the road, make a left on to exit for Route 11 North. At the bottom of the exit, make a right on to Route 11. Go about 5 miles on Route 11, which will turn into Court St. At the 5th red light, take a right onto Broad Ave. At the 3rd red light, make a left onto Bevier St. At the 5th red light, take a right on to Front St and in a ¼ mile take the entrance to 81 North.

At this point 81 South through Binghamton will have 2 lanes, but it looks like they may be having everyone exit off the highway and go through Binghamton to get back on 81 South. That will be a real nightmare when that happens. I will update you with an alternative route when they start that project. 

Edited by On the Hook

59 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

Thanks OTHook, that's my routine for either the O, or finger lakes. I run from the Reading, Pa area.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey baller we are from the southern Pocono's, bout 1 1/2 hrs norh of you. My wife has friends from collage that live in Reading area, we run out rt100 then 22 to 309 north. It takes us 5 hrs towing up, then I can do it in 4-41/2 hrs, all depend on who's going I got the geriatric crew who needs to piss every hundred miles, then got a group that even my back teeth are floating till the request piss stop, but no vending machines for coffee or hot chocolate!! I'm just happy once the boat's up there, that a big relief off my shoulders once she's in the camp ground!!!