Conesus Inlet ?

Conesus Inlet ?

That time of year again, has anyone been down recently to take a look ? Was there about 2 weeks ago, was probably too early and water was high and cloudy. May make the trip again tomorrow to have a peak.

I have seen pictures and videos on the Conesus Lake Facebook page of pike starting a run about a week or so ago but haven't heard much lately.  The high water made the jump over the dam become more of a swim over the dam.  

I have to goto Rochester Monday so on the way back I will drive that way and check it out.  I will post.

A lot of years the pike make it up into the swamp.  I think it would be cool if the walleye could go up in the swamp and spawn away from the alewives but I am constantly reminded it doesn't work that way.  I just think it would be cool if it did.  I prefer self sustaining fisheries.

18 minutes ago, BSmaster said:

I have to goto Rochester Monday so on the way back I will drive that way and check it out.  I will post.

A lot of years the pike make it up into the swamp.  I think it would be cool if the walleye could go up in the swamp and spawn away from the alewives but I am constantly reminded it doesn't work that way.  I just think it would be cool if it did.  I prefer self sustaining fisheries.

I don't know if they would do well in the swamp.  Don't they spawn on gravel? 

[4-17-17]  I stopped by on my way  home from Rochester and I think it is over.  There are many warm water fish species up there.  I counted maybe a handful of walleye and a few handfuls of pike still in the creek.  It is still a nice place to visit - this is in my opinion the best time to go.   Warmer weather with fewer insects.