Starter...

FishingTheFL

I had an issue where the starter would turn but not fast enough to send the bendex ended up being a combo of starter near its end a bad solinoid and a corroded battery wire (not at connection) I was losing just enough power that the starter couldn't do it. Had it rebuilt got a new solinoid and wire good since than so far according to my multi meter I was only losing about .4 bolts to the starter

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Figured it out after trying to jump it without the truck. Bad ground... The bolt. The bolt that holds the starter mount up had just enough oil on it from wd 40 must of stopped connection... Sprayed it with crab cleaner. Cleaned the mount up. Jumped it with a screw driver. Worked. Used the key... Worked... Grr I hate mechanics LoL. Trouble shoot trouble shoot trouble shoot... [emoji35]

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Over the 30 years of combined, being in the starter & alternator Buisness, I can personally say that 95% of electrical problems are bad grounds. Everyone thinks of the hot side when a bad ground has destroyed more starters and & alts. A bad ground creates excessive amperage, and that means heat!! Which is the destroyer of all!! Just helped a fellow member out with close to the same deal.

2 minutes ago, FishingTheFL said:

Another tool to add to the arsenal. Lesson learned! All the other connections were cleaned up. Just shows how important that ground is.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:yes: