Best all season mono?

4 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Ok...I've been using Bloodrun 30# sea flea line for the last few years.... Should I stick with it or try the 25# Bloodrun tournament mono??? And what color?? Clear...Blue.....Pink.....Green??? I'd like to order today would just like a few opinions from the pros

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's always a good idea to have a few rods loaded with Sea Flee for when the fleas are terrible! I run Blood Run Tournament mono throughout the year. Straight 25# for flashers and I leader my spoon rods with 20# Fluoro. I love the blue. I wish i had a stockpile of it but it has been discontinued. Green and clear with be the two options available moving forward.

Back to back uni knots work well when joining two sections of blood run. No need to respool if some fleas show up. The past several years they haven't been bad enough for long enough to even warrant the change.
I've been running straight Sea Flee for several years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

30 lb Sea Flee all year long and I leader down on fluoro from 20 for Lake O to 10-12 on the Finger Lakes. It limits the fleas (if heavy) to the connection point (#8 or 10 Spro) and possibly some on the leader while the Sea Flee is usually free of them.

Edited by Sk8man

On 4/13/2017 at 8:57 AM, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Ok...I've been using Bloodrun 30# sea flea line for the last few years.... Should I stick with it or try the 25# Bloodrun tournament mono??? And what color?? Clear...Blue.....Pink.....Green??? I'd like to order today would just like a few opinions from the pros

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

are you unhappy with the 30#?  or just want to experiment.  line is definitely a personal preference thing