6-pack.....??

I just finished mine online. Marinerslearningsystems.com. I think all the local courses are done for now, but you can do the online at any time. The only time you have to leave your computer or dining room table is to sit for the proctored final exam. PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Twic card means nothing now. Not needed anymore for 6 pack license. Agree with others about Dennis at Sea Tech.

Are you sure about that. I just finished my course and am going through
the final stages of the application process. I have not seen or found anything that says a TWIC is no longer required. Could you tell me where you got that info. I may ask my school to reimburse me the $125 if it is not needed anymore.

Matt.

1 hour ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Lol I just talked to the seatech guys a few days ago you definitely need it!!! Mines good till 2019 he said that would save me that 125 or something just need to get my first aid CPR.

CG policy letter 11-15 dated 12/19/11 reverses the need for a mariner holding an OUPV to have a TWIC card in order to renew their captains license. You still can if you want to, but no longer need to for a merchant mariner credential. Now I don't know about the TWIC requirement for those seeking their original OUPV license. I asked Dennis from Sea Tech for a clarification.

2 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Lol I just talked to the seatech guys a few days ago you definitely need it!!! Mines good till 2019 he said that would save me that 125 or something just need to get my first aid CPR.

TWIC is needed for first issue of a 6 pack license only. It is not needed for renewal of a 6 pack license after that. That is straight from Dennis at SeaTech. So yes you are correct in needing it for your original license, but after that you do not need a TWIC for any subsequent renewal of a 6 pack license.

8 hours ago, MikeyP said:

TWIC is needed for first issue of a 6 pack license only. It is not needed for renewal of a 6 pack license after that. That is straight from Dennis at SeaTech. So yes you are correct in needing it for your original license, but after that you do not need a TWIC for any subsequent renewal of a 6 pack license.

:yes: