A few boat were grinding the midline when I launched around 430 but I wanted to go to laker town anyway to try something different than trolling or jigging. So I tied on a gold rippin rap and let the wind push me around in 50 FOW. I just dragged it on bottom and gave it a pop every 10 seconds or so. Worked surprisingly well. Brought 4 to the boat and lost a few more. Also the Wilson launch is almost underwater! Wear your rubbers!!

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the wader info killians. Going out in the morning for first trip of the year. Watched a good number of boats working that mudline when I got to folks house in Wilson after work .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got a late start this morning - set up inside around 10:00 -made 2 passes from park to small pier and did nothing. Best temp I found was 47.5 off park. Lots of really dark stained water and debris. Went out and worked 60- 80' and got on the lakers pretty good. Great to be out again and to see rods popping. Talked to a boat that went 3/10 inside on browns.

That doesn't look like a rippin rap in the lakers mouth?

lol that was actually just laying on the deck, I tried it for while without luck, the rippin rap is actually in the net by the pedestal base, very bottom of the pic. Hard to see without zooming in.

IMG_0646.PNG

Nice man! Never thought to try a rippin rap. Does it stay down pretty good?

Yes if the wind is light and you have the biggest one. I've also used them at the bar and had luck with lakers in 25 plus FOW in may. They catch everything, I've got smallmouth, Muskie, walleye, sheepshead, lakers and even a brown on the gold one.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app