Marine radio

My radio is receiving but not sending, noticed that the antenna was loose , unscrewed from the base, tightened it up still didn't transmit, any ideas what I need to look for ??? Commissioned the new Simrad autopilot ... this unit is awesome , going to deep six the piece of crap that Raymarine that the marina talked me into buying !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got someone else with one ? My old one on the old boat would only transmit on one watt setting and not the other...... was messing with it one day with the handheld unit on and found out this problem........ only other time was with new boat new radio , re-did the solder job on the antenna coaxial it work fine since......antenna up   

Final fight. This may sound odd but I could hear you but you did not respond to me. I know my radio was working  I talked to a guy way up by AES and I was on the south end of the lake.BTW the browns were there, boated 8. . Spoon bite ,green and white.

After I re read my post it just didnt make any sense. Ill try again.When you called me on the radio I answered your call. But you kept calling me and when I answered you did not reply. I think you were transmitting but not receiving. I know my radio was working ok because I talked to someone way up by AES.

This post makes sense............