Spoon depth with split shot in front??

Spoon depth with split shot in front??

What kinda depth can I expect a stinger spoon and or a scorpion spoon to run at off a planer board Figured at 10lb mono around 40-50 foot behind a board trolling 2-2.5 mph with a split shot 7 foot in front. I got the biggest split shots i found at gander about the size of a pea . Thanks for the help.

That's pretty fast for a split shot to even be effective, here's a Precision Trolling page starting at 1/2oz at 2mph as you can see it only give you 6 ft. So a 1/4 is half the weight so I'd guess a foot or below the surface at speeds 2mph or greater. Here's a page out of the book just to give you an idea!! Sorry the pics. are blurry but still gives you an idea. PAP also this page is for spinners or very shallow cranks.image.thumb.jpg.0a1689e39a1b4bd249cc96b2cf901231.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8baff1d73f05b4fc36d8071886a20ec9.jpg

Edited by pap

On 12# with a #5 splitshot 100' back I will snag bottom at 3 to 4' with those spoons. 2 #5's set the same will hang up in 7 to 8'. 

If they have trebles on still they will get donated, singles pull free most of the time.