First Kings of the season - Wilson 4/14-4/15

First Kings of the season - Wilson 4/14-4/15

4/14

We were pleasantly surprised Friday morning as we were making the transition from the shallows out to the Lakers grounds when the outside port boardline started rippin', after a good battle on light tackle we boated our first King of the season. Bayrat "my secret" back 125' in 35 fow. We also found some Browns and a Steelhead in tight but we really had to work for them, short cores hooked us into some Coho on a big break in 100' and then we picked  at a bunch of Lakers. Weather was great and was a good box for our guys.

4/15

Worked the same water west of port, started out slow until our inside boardline started rippin' with our second King of the season!! Took a firetiger Bayrat back 120' in 12 fow, great fish to start the morning off with! Action wasn't great in tight so we slipped out deeper just as the rain started, the Laker bite was much better than it had been the past few trips. The heavier it rained the better the bite was, our guys were getting poured on while dealing with double's after doubles out there. Best bait was green dot paddles with UV glow green flies dragging bottom, braid divers back 300' was also a hot rod.

DSC_0003.jpg

king.jpeg

17861769_1249502445168996_3577108383438773055_n.jpeg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

bernie .jpeg

Thanks a lot for the report! I am new to this trolling and try to hit lakers. What depth were you working for them? I use cowbells stay usually in 80ft.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wasn't able to get the bells going on my Friday trip and didn't even put them out on Saturday, mag spoons, paddle/flies, dodgers and spin n glos. Better bite was 65-120 but wasn't hot and heavy, waters warming quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app