Canandaigua 7/27

Hey there I can't seem to find my camera so I will at least give the report and post pics later, late start around 7:00 am Sunday but had both dogs and my lovely first mate on board. We had our lines set out of the south end near the white rock trolling north. Two riggers, wire dipsy, and the new copper rig were out. The copper was the first to fire down the chute with mtn dew spin dr and hammer fly with lake trout (good eater size). Then the shallow rigger fired with Pro troll echip 8" flasher white crush glow and glow squid with a nice5 lb rainbow that the first mate reeled in and she did great job nice acrobatic show by the fish too. Wire dipsy was the next rod to go with green crush glow spin dr and A Tom Mik green hammer fly with echip which yielded a nice 5 lb brown this wire was out 111' on a 3 setting. I actually let it creep out and tightened the drag and forgot to let it out further. Another report last week spoke of rainbows and browns so riggers were down 30' and 40' nice temp picture in there, below 65' it was 42 degrees.

Nice report FLXTroutman. :D

Glad to see you are back on the water and catching them lakers. :lol:

I didn't hear from you this winter. Did you get out much or was your ride sold by then? I haven't been out much this year (dog, wife, kids, gas, etc.) only Canandaigua 2x early on and "the meat rig" didn't produce much. Been to Lake O 2x also, but haven't gotten into the kings yet - the best is yet to come. :D

Glad to see that the wires/flashers are producing on the Finger Lakes as well, now I don't feel bad that I spent all the $ last year setting up for salmon on the "BIG O". You don't hear a lot of guys running wire/flashers on the FL , but maybe they are just tight lipped. I did try them on Seneca last fall and did pretty well.

Lets see some pics of your new ride, and oh ya, the fish!

Take care & GOOD FISHING!

LTtroller

(Bob)

You guys know of a topo map online for Canandagua? How about a boat launch on the west side, near the middle? I have a friend with a cottage past the golf course. I'm hoping to find some time out there, as I've never truly experienced the Lakers.

How good of a buddy is he? Maybe he will let you launch in his yard?

Otherwise you are either bound for the south end launch which is free to drop in or the North end and you have to pay $6.00. The topo map is on the dec website I don't have link in my bookmarks but you should be able to find it.

No launch near his property, but a nice dock. Wow! What a complicated channel! I had a hell of a time coming back to the north launch at night! Didn't catch anything, but had more of a family cruise. I plan on giving it a better chance in the weekends to come. Thanks for your help guys!