Cayuga generous forum member

just a shout out to an LOU member that  is a straight shooter.

I recently posted a WTB for a small insignificant elec trolling motor.. No bow mount/foot control, just a cheap little thing

for a little Jon boat.. I dunno, I wanted to spend maybe 50-75 bucks or so ..
 Forum member HOP [real name is Gary]  PM'd me and told me he had one laying around, and if I didn't mind the drive up to OVID I would be welcome to have it-free.

I thanked him for his kindness and generousity, and went up and picked it up, and was shocked.. Its a gorgeous old Evinrude, in simply spectacular condition, very well built, and very unusual in form, never saw one like it, and they simply don't build them like this anymore. Gary could certainly have sold this for a decent buck, but instead chose to give it to someone he only met once for about 2 minutes. My only "payment" is he  wants me to show him how I jig for lakers,, Pretty brutal price to pay , right?.. My techniques should increase his catch by a FULL 2 or 3 fish a YEAR! lol..

Also a shout out to  ontherise ]Joe]another member that sold me a very nice 2007 Tracker/Fisher Jon boat in VERY nice shape for $200...  Most I had seen before buying his  were a LOT older, in a lot worse shape, for a lot more money. I got a really really nice deal on a nice little boat. I appreciate guys like this,  and when I  see  a member here that has a need or simply a want, I will certainly do the same as I was done...

Over the years, I have bought/sold/traded stuff here, and never had a bad deal, always positive.... thanks again!... bob

Edited by bulletbob

bulletbob - You did really luck out interacting with Hop. He and I have been close friends and fishing buddies for about 40 years. He is one of the best Seth Green fishermen  on the Finger Lakes as well as being a very generous and knowlegeable fisherman. He is a great example of 'old school' values that seem to be disappearing these days and that we need to be "paying forward" to others. Acts of generosity are the type of thing that can make a positive difference in life. There are a lot of good folks on this website and it is very encouraging to see whenthings like this are brought to our attention.

I love hearing about this kind stuff guys - it's awesome!  We got the best community here on LOU; it's not to say we don't have our issues from time to time with almost 20,000 members (no avoiding that) but I really feel on the whole we have the best group of guys who are always willing to share and support each other.  :yes: :beer:

Well I also had a deal go down for me. I was looking for a probe, being on disability from a hell of an accident going on 4 years ago, I finally got back on my feet, when out of the blue I get a pm from Finsntins who says he has one that looks like brand new, he sent me the whole unit plus 2 rolls of cable ready to be assembled onto the boat, this unit has ALL the parts and then some for a price that just can't be beat. I fully believe in good karma, it will make a full circle in your life, I'm living proof!!!  :handshake:

I am in the middle of a few transactions right now and a few in the past all deals perfect and all have been considerably more than fair. I have personally met a few in real life all great guys. Cannot wait to meet more of you and hope to be able to pass on some gear and knowledge to someone down the line as many many many have done here. I could sit here and type out all the names but it would be most everyone here. Glad to be a part of LOU great group of people here and as a newbie with more than a lot to learn I thank all of you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk