Was out for the first time on the lake tuesday with my 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. First time to Wellington so it was a learning curve. Started out slow with not alot of fish marking at all in the 100' ft range that most of the boats where in. So we headed out and when we got in the 130 ft range started to mark fish and had a hit on the dipsy with an NK Mag Green, about an #8, but they were pumped. Got going again and another one on about the same size on the same spoon. Lost 2 more than a big hit and a daughter who is left handed trying to fight a fish with a right handed reel, wishing for movie camera. 20 min into the fight the fish got off and the lake was getting a little rough so we headed in.

I will contribute our good day on the lake to some of the great posts on this board. Thanks to all.

Was out for the first time on the lake tuesday with my 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. First time to Wellington so it was a learning curve. Started out slow with not alot of fish marking at all in the 100' ft range that most of the boats where in. So we headed out and when we got in the 130 ft range started to mark fish and had a hit on the dipsy with an NK Mag Green, about an #8, but they were pumped. Got going again and another one on about the same size on the same spoon. Lost 2 more than a big hit and a daughter who is left handed trying to fight a fish with a right handed reel, wishing for movie camera. 20 min into the fight the fish got off and the lake was getting a little rough so we headed in.

I will contribute our good day on the lake to some of the great posts on this board. Thanks to all.

Hey

Im going up to wellington to camp near Sandbanks for this long weekend. I have had 2 unlucky outings at port hope so far and I am looking for some tips on where to go to find salmon from Wellington? I plan to pick up a chart if that helps, no GPS yet. Boat is new this summer. Been up to Georgian Bay on it as well caught a nice 13lb lake trout and some smaller ones .

Anway any directions from Wellington would be greatly appreciated or marker numbers etc

thanks

I went out to the Scotch Bonnet and little success, Headed the boat out into 130 ft of water and had my luck working the struture on the bottom. What I mean is there are some humps and I just run on the edge of depth changes. had all the hits on a NK Green Latter Back off a #1 dipsy back 200 ft with a 3 setting. Lots of boats out there and you should maybe go out on a charter when in a new area if not sure. I am sure there are some good ones in the area.

Sounds good thanks,

Ive been out around Scotch Bonnet a couple times several years back on my friends boat. He is still up there but fishing out of Cobourg

Gonna wing it this time as Ive put all my money into the boat and equipment, so none left to charter for a family of three, gonna enjoy the boat. Been doing okay as far as winging it. keeping fingers crossed.

If its too rough will stick to west Lake I guess this weekend.

Thanks for the advice!