New temporary "no-wake" within 500' of shoreline.

Heres a pic of the Sandy Creek launches today Tues 5/2. Water wicked high and mud out in the lake as far as the eye can see. Hope you have a good pair of boots...

IMG_2682.JPG

Edited by BP Swing

Wilson launches are completely submerged. Also got a look at my neighbors property and it's not good. They have no erosion protection. When we got the house in wilson, 5 years ago, only the white end on the pipe picture was visible, now there is 6 feet of pipe hanging out.

IMG_0662.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

was hoping to catch some perch tomorrow, was going to try the middle of Edgemere drive first. 

Just keep it slow. I heard edgmere Dr. now has a no wake policy.....

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

On 4/21/2017 at 9:22 AM, pap said:

This damage is it for the whole lake or just the southern shores??

I believe it is the whole lake, Canada is having a much worse time with this than us (I think).

11 hours ago, KilliansRed said:

Wilson launches are completely submerged. Also got a look at my neighbors property and it's not good. They have no erosion protection. When we got the house in wilson, 5 years ago, only the white end on the pipe picture was visible, now there is 6 feet of pipe hanging out.

IMG_0662.JPG

He better go to greivance day for the town and get an assessment adjustment for the amount of shoreline he no longer has. Hit the government where it counts...their pockets! It's total bull they can't let a little out without hurting downstream infrastructure.

3 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

need to get Senator Chuck Schumer  involved in the 2014 water Act . maybe he can get the ST Lawrence river open a bit .

Hahaha it must have been tough keeping a straight face while typing that.

Town of Greece has been  pumping partially treated sewage into long pond ( Monday& Tuesday)

"It blew those off because the pressure was so great, and sewage was pouring out into the street. We were pumping the street with a half-dozen pumps for three or four days. We weren't keeping up. It got to a dangerous level last night."

The sewer was overwhelming the town pump station, and the fear was sewage would back up into basements, creating a contamination disaster. So town officials began relieving the pressure by pumping the excess sewage through a chlorinator to kill pathogens and then into nearby Long Pond."

Monroe county has released 3.4 MILLION gallons of storm water & UNTREATED SEWAGE into the Genesee River also on Monday

"Monroe County released 3.4 million gallons of stormwater and untreated sewage into the Genesee River about 6:30 p.m. Monday after the rainfall filled available storage"

And again the outflows at the dam was reduced yet again. Under the new 2014 plan nothing has to be done to reduce lake levels anymore " a slower natural release of lake water is the preferred method now under 2014 plan", the old 1953 D plan had a binding Must response.

The National guard is in Hamlin now filling sand bags with a sand bag machine till this Friday. Wonder how much all the shoreline town taxes will go up with such an upcoming of lake shore property devaluation happening.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

36 minutes ago, RUNNIN REBEL said:

Town of Greece has been  pumping partially treated sewage into long pond ( Monday& Tuesday)

"It blew those off because the pressure was so great, and sewage was pouring out into the street. We were pumping the street with a half-dozen pumps for three or four days. We weren't keeping up. It got to a dangerous level last night."

The sewer was overwhelming the town pump station, and the fear was sewage would back up into basements, creating a contamination disaster. So town officials began relieving the pressure by pumping the excess sewage through a chlorinator to kill pathogens and then into nearby Long Pond."

Monroe county has released 3.4 MILLION gallons of storm water & UNTREATED SEWAGE into the Genesee River also on Monday

"Monroe County released 3.4 million gallons of stormwater and untreated sewage into the Genesee River about 6:30 p.m. Monday after the rainfall filled available storage"

And again the outflows at the dam was reduced yet again. Under the new 2014 plan nothing has to be done to reduce lake levels anymore " a slower natural release of lake water is the preferred method now under 2014 plan", the old 1953 D plan had a binding Must response.

The National guard is in Hamlin now filling sand bags with a sand bag machine till this Friday. Wonder how much all the shoreline town taxes will go up with such an upcoming of lake shore property devaluation happening.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

I guess eating perch out of Long Pond doesnt look too appetizing anymore..... Jeez 

Edited by BP Swing

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, RUNNIN REBEL said:

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

The problems with the Edgemere Drive Pump station have been going on for years, this is an example of some of the neighborhood deciding to bag the sewer use law and hook up sump pumps and gutter drains  to the sewer, which uses up capacity when there are storms like we've been having.   That good old American "my basement is better than your basement so I get to ignore the law."  The remedy would be for the Town to inspect all the homes and get rid of these cross connections, but that would not be politically popular.

Pure Waters generally discharges to the river when storms exceed 10 year return frequency, and  over an inch of rain in 45 minutes is an event we fortunately only see once in a great while.  I am surprised that the discharge was only 3.4 million gallons.  Before the CSOAP tunnels were built, it would have all gone to the river.   The manager of collection usually send out a note to the effect that the discharge is later in the storm and heavily diluted, but this one was so fast who knows what part went to the plant and what part to the river

Edited by Lucky13

heard on radio that south shore is getting it hard today with the NE winds . Hang in there guys / gals its got to end some time . i hope soon 

Edited by fisherdude

Today and this Sunday will be tuff with the lake level approaching that 248 level, if not there already today. I received 2 dump loads sand piles and 400 sand bags THEN picked up an additional ATV trailer full from National Guard & sand bag machine/Hamlin -which was relocated to the Town of Irondequoite today/friday

Sand bag fill and Stack party at my house this Sat 1 PM.... No Experience necessary...

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Today and this Sunday will be tuff with the lake level approaching that 248 level, if not there already today. I received 2 dump loads sand piles and 400 sand bags THEN picked up an additional ATV trailer full from National Guard & sand bag machine/Hamlin -which was relocated to the Town of Irondequoite today/friday

Sand bag fill and Stack party at my house this Sat 1 PM.... No Experience necessary...
Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL

If you need help filling bags I'm working in Rochester tomorrow morning and can stop by after to help out. Just need to know where to go and what to bring.

Does anybody know if they are enforcing no wake on irondequoit bay?

You really shouldn't water ski with all the debris in the bay........

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

The Erie County Sewer people inspect our homes every five years for sump pump and rain gutter discharges. It makes a difference now. If you do not comply your occupancy permit can be suspended. Well you will be fined first. Then you will have to lose work and show up in court. You do have the inspection when you allow it at your convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

DSCN0060.thumb.JPG.7f8589495dc99e107f057787affd408c.JPGDSCN0058.thumb.JPG.0e79b668ba0ab4aeb144aeee3bdd63ab.JPGDSCN0048.thumb.JPG.fd3fd85bccd0d3583ff5d7753a1ba988.JPGDSCN0065.thumb.JPG.a672663f532370d67419ec0f9bebf9a2.JPGDSCN0067.thumb.JPG.e11f676533341bc2f2242c1aa50b9ad5.JPGDSCN0069.thumb.JPG.789471ac02e2698fb18353e8dec26081.JPG                                                                                                                                                                                               the Sodus  public launch looks ok to get out with getting wet feet . Hughes looks like going to have to put truck in water to launch . Areny 's is bailing water . 

5 minutes ago, muskiedreams said:

I was wondering if there anything that can be done to limit the flow from the upper lakes into Lake Ontario but I haven't seen it mentioned at all.

Hope we get a break from all the rain.

No spigot on the Niagara River!

If you need help filling bags I'm working in Rochester tomorrow morning and can stop by after to help out. Just need to know where to go and what to bring.

Thank you very much for that offer ...much appreciated . We had three loads of sand delivered and 600 bags... ended up bagging 400 +IMG_2561.JPG