New temporary "no-wake" within 500' of shoreline.

I just caught the tail end of a news report. I believe I heard that because of the current extreme high water levels there is a temporary no-wake by boats within 500' of the shoreline. Flooding / erosion of shoreline was reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

To everyone who supports or thinks the "2014 Lake Ontario/St Lawrence Plan" was a good idea, Could you please help fill sand bags at your favorite Lake Ontario port or stream/river. I understand Muskrat and pickerel objectives BUT having our Pen reared Salmon in fast flowing MUD WATER and wiping out most if not all natural reproduction on the US side should have some consideration, After all the Dam system on the St Lawrence river was built up in the 1950's for just ONE POURPOSE--- To save Human lives/help prevent property damage. And yes the Out flows from there of Lake Ontario waters were just DECREASED AGAIN.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Jerry, not to argue your point at all....... I do have a honest ? How does the lake level have anything to do the the muddy water and current in the stream? Wouldn't that have to do with run off?

I do understand that higher water can produce stronger current but i would think runoff would increase it.

Why can't they leave water out, like they do in the summer when it's already low?? Thought that's what the dam was built for?? But what do I know. One other thing, when Lake Erie gets big westward winds the silt covers the eggs of the eyes and all other species, and it smothers the eggs and they croak!! Is this going to be a concern to the species of the Great Lakes Ontario?? It's a double edged sword I know but what about this killing off the gobies and the clams, or is the overall damage greater than what meets the eyes meaning our eyes??

22 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Wayne county bays. All bays you must go around slooooooooooow

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

I-Bay and Monroe Co. will be next. Officials are asking for voluntary no wakes for now. Yea right. They need to declare state of emergency and enforce the wake limits. I-Bay is as high as we've seen in a loooong time

Would muddy waters now kill Chinooks that were hatched in the Fall? Seems most years the rivers and streams will blow out at some point throughout the winter/spring. Is it a factor of them getting stranded when the waters recede? Also, I could be wrong but I thought the muddy near shore waters would help hide the young direct and pen stocked salmon from predators and actually be a benefit for survival?

http://ijc.org/en_/islrbc/Lake_Ontario_Outflow_Changes

I wonder why these idiots keep cutting back the outflow on the St. Lawrence River @ the dam.  It was at 8000 the other day and they are back down near 7000.  With the water level way above the High in the IJC 2014 plan, shouldn't they be dumping water to get it back on track? 

Edited by GAMBLER

So, I asked myself, "If Montreal were to be swept into the sea, would this be such a horrible thing?"

Actually, It's not a bad place...for a city. We're going to get a break this week from the rain. Maybe we'll have a dock to put the boat by next weekend.

I live on the Greece shoreline. I'm taking on heavy wave hits from northeast. Enough to shake the foundation of my home and rattle plates in my cupboards. I've never seen it this bad. Neighbors getting flooding. Folks, when your out fishing be very conscious of floating debris. My dock, along with many others are being ripped apart. Trees are being uprooted, branches, etc. This is getting down right ugly. My thoughts are with people in the Sodus Point area, as I understand they are experiencing much worse conditions. Peace, Steve....