Rigger questions

Hey guys few questions.

1) does the ball mount directly to cable clip or do I use a snubbed or anything else?

2) I have cannon uni troll 5 is there a way to tell how much weight I can use? Currently have 10 and 5 pound weights

3) is there any tips I should know about using them?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We use a snubber between the ball and cable for two reasons, but first here's the entire setup, cable end-speed/depth probe-snubber- ball.

The reason we do it that way is if anything will break due to a hang up, it'll be the snubber, and at least you don't lose the probe.

But it also helps in waves, to take some stress of the gunwale.

With a manual rigger like unitroll 5 you don't need a snubber unless you want to use it as a "break away".  Snubbers come into play with high speed electrics to take away shock from rapid stop.   With a manual just wind slower as you near top.  You might use 5lb weight fishing shallow and slow.  Most of the time you'll want to use 10lb when fishing deeper for less blowback.  Best way to get used to riggers is to get on water and run them.

Forget the snubber.  The 5 should have a clutch in the crank.  Just tighten the handle until weight stays where you want it & no more.  (run the 10...I run a 14 with no problem)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Ok snubbers it is seems like nothing to loose and I have them...if I'm out in 3 foot waves I have bigger issues than my riggers lol

I don't know what the life of a snubber is but I buy new ones every year. A lot of money hanging off the and their cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the life of a snubber is but I buy new ones every year. A lot of money hanging off the and their cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point...thanks will get some new ones....ant specific length or anything?