Marathon Brown Trip

I am planning to make the 3 hour trip to try and get into some browns Sunday. Was planning on launching out of Selkirk shores and make a run toward the plant. Find stained water 20' or less 1.5-2.0mph. Mix of bay rats and spoons (greens?)This is my first time targeting browns and only my third time on the lake. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Double check the wave forecast. It can be a long ride in 3-4ft waves depending on the size of your boat. I try to avoid that in my 18' aluminium boat. Speaking from 37yrs fishing the lake. Right now the forecast looks good but that can change.

If you are fishing Mexico bay you should be fine with the waves, 2' or less, not sure where you are seeing 3-4' paperman. You have the depth correct, find green water if you can, if not fish the stained water. We have not been going any slower than 2.4 gps.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Double check the wave forecast. It can be a long ride in 3-4ft waves depending on the size of your boat. I try to avoid that in my 18' aluminium boat. Speaking from 37yrs fishing the lake. Right now the forecast looks good but that can change.

I have the site for the wave forecast 1 or less for now., west wind could complicate things. I did a 3 or less day on my 19', and that is my limit. Luckily it went from the 3 to less by mid day. I wasn't having fun trying to set lines on a wave machine.

If you are fishing Mexico bay you should be fine with the waves, 2' or less, not sure where you are seeing 3-4' paperman. You have the depth correct, find green water if you can, if not fish the stained water. We have not been going any slower than 2.4 gps.

Capt Rich

Thanks for the speed. Slower than 2 is hard in my boat without putting out the bags. I've heard about rocks near the plant? Are they marked or is it something I need to be aware of?

Thanks for the speed. Slower than 2 is hard in my boat without putting out the bags. I've heard about rocks near the plant? Are they marked or is it something I need to be aware of?

Not sure what rocks you are talking about by the plant?? There is what we call the high rocks, sharp bluffs that drop deep quick. There is also a private launch right where the bouy line starts for the Nuke plants, but it is deep enough to fish by them. Stay outside the white pin bouys from that break wall out all the way around the plants. You shouldn't need to go out there anyways, unless you are going to look for lakers!! Good Luck

Capt Rich

Thanks for the info guys. I was only going for the plant just because I was thinking warm water discharge. I was hoping it was shallow enough. Should I just troll west from Selkirk. Or will the west wind push warm water east?

Spoons are a real problem fishing shallow waters If a lure snags up and you have to stop. The spoons create another snag problem. We use floating stick baits that float up if the boat stops in shallow water.