IBay evening on the dock

That's an oldie look at that lower jaw forming!! Awesome!!! I used to be a bourbon drinker, on the rock Jim Beam Black!! Good as it gets, unless they got the Crown Royal bottle open, whew.  ;)

Buffalo trace Jim Beam and Woodford are nice...but I'm a Makers Mark and Genny Light guy when it comes to attracting fish. I find the combo is deadly! Cigars are tough to keep on a hook - but with practice comes perfection, so I keep trying. Blue and silver and green and silver cleos have been hot for me, but 6lb fluorocarbon p-line leaders have been less resilient. I've now lost two cleos simply casting and I didn't even see/feel a knick in the line. Any suggestions for alternatives? I'm making a Hudson River Striped bass trip this weekend with co-workers and a friend from Boston. Tips are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I typically use the fluoro for winter steelhead fishing. The reel has 15 # power pro braid and I can cast it a mile. I have 10 mono on other reels...but man I like the setup I have. I am just amazed that the Fluoro is snapping like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thankfully, your flouro is snapping.  We don't need the rivers clogged up with nearly indestructible braid.   Has no place in steelhead fishing, you'll realize that when you find someone else's with your waders, and feel that sudden cold dampness coming on.  

I agree on straight mono, 10 lb, for casting spoons, I think it is highly unlikely that a fish that sees the spoon as an edible living thing to chow on is going to notice the line.