Leader knot, Blood or Albright

From fly fishing to browns, to eyes, to salmon and lakers...

What do you prefer to use as a leader knot?

I can tie both effectively, but have heard to get really good at one and go with it. Mainly began with Albright and a fly fishing buddy got me using a Blood because it's a bit smaller.

Just wondering what you all think.

- GBL

Have been using either a back to back uni knot or a blood. I have some old Fenwick downrigger rods that like the smaller blood knots. 

Knots fit thru the eyelets better.

I use a trilene knot to a #10 Spro swivel to mainline and a Albrights know from Spro swivel to fluro. #10 is rated for 35lbs and will pass all eyes and will as all level winds. For kings and lakers the same process but a #8 Spro rated at 50lbs  I run 30# power pro on all my reels as backer and different pound fluro' for my leaders. I had no luck with the blood or the uniknot with the braid. Some say the braid needs to be on the left or others say the right, the knots appeared good but on casting rods I had the entire leader fly off the end, so I tried the superglue trick, I believe the glue reacts with the fluro, that glue made things worse. I'm at a loss with no swiveles in between leaders as line twist was horrible running walleye spinners and the slow death rigs, maybe if I run sticks it would be better, but eyes like spinnys.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the albright or crazy alberto, much stronger than the blood knot in my opinion. I do use the blood making leaders for fly fishing but thats for trout.