New hummingbird fish finder install and having big issues

bandrus1

Man that sucks!! I know how frustrating it can be saved enough to buy a lowrance unit and it did everything but, find fish locate bottom, I was ready to punt the e'Fin,thing overboard, like stated above I need to set it for fresh water, deep water what transducer I was using!! Come on really it came with the  transducer in the box, why can't lowrance have that preset, being a Frankenstein to electronics to begin with made this unit on of the most frustrating pieces of shyt I ever had to deal with. Then one update after another, I was ready to send it back and stick with my old humming bird 788, turn it on and go fishing. I truely understand your frustration!! Hope you get it figured out!!! Pap

I run all of my Humminbirds in the advanced mode. I don't recall if mine are set for deep water, fresh, or salt water but I've never had any issues. I don't get my boat out of storage until this Friday or I would turn on my 859 & 959 to tell you what settings I use.

Quick tip even after a software update restore factory setting again. Also, if you are networked you want to take them off the network before performing a software update. I'm glad your issue is fixed. I'm sure you'll love the unit. Check out my tutorial for settings you may want to tweak -