Winter project

stoneam2006

So as many here probably have seen I am new to boats and trolling so I went in head first this winter and tried to convert my family boat into a part time fishing rig. Many have helped me along the way and I thank you hopefully someday I can pay it forward. While this weekend will be splash down in Cayuga if all goes as planned. Me and dad will hopefully boat some fish. Here are some pics from the journey. Maridec viynil floor 2 cannon uni troll 5 down riggers 2 holders for dipsy and 2 for boards up front with the option to run one in the chute once I get comfortable. Speakers were a add on for family and friend tubing/skig trips but came out cool. Now for a bath before this weekend....again thanks to all who took time to answer my questions hopefully I run into some of you on the water sometime. Boats name will be put on as well here in next few days...

FI$HING HOLE20170424_171915.jpg20170424_171856.jpg20170424_164104.jpg20170423_143832.jpg20170329_120837.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What do you have for a engine ? Some of the 120's and 170's [ basically all the 4 cylinders] don't like to run smoothly at trolling speed. A trolling plate/ buckets/bags or electronic ignition may be needed ,just a heads up ! Trying to adjust your idle on muffs in the driveway isn't the same as it sitting in the water with back pressure on the exhaust. You usually lose 1-200 rpms from where it was set on muffs after you dunk it.

What do you have for a engine ? Some of the 120's and 170's [ basically all the 4 cylinders] don't like to run smoothly at trolling speed. A trolling plate/ buckets/bags or electronic ignition may be needed ,just a heads up ! Trying to adjust your idle on muffs in the driveway isn't the same as it sitting in the water with back pressure on the exhaust. You usually lose 1-200 rpms from where it was set on muffs after you dunk it.

Thank you it is a 3.0 merc with alpha 1 I purchased 2 24in bags at the walking Glen show I will be using to help my speed hope they are enough. I appreciate the feed back please anything anyone can think of that I may need/want before I get out there and don't have it I'm all ears. That is how I have gotten this far. Appreciate all the help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk