Henderson bay browns and coho

Henderson bay browns and coho

Heading to Henderson this Thursday and Friday and was wondering should i start in the bay and up by black river or out towards stony point and around the islands ? Will start off looking for browns then hoping to head outside and go for a mixed bag of trout and a salmon .I will be solo so if someone wants to fish i will be going out of public launch in henderson bay at first light . call eric 518 481 7502 

Pretty early in the year to find any salmon. Generally browns are found in the shallows from the cut down toward Stony Point and Stony Creek this time of year but there haven't been many reports yet this year. Western end of the lake seems to be getting better bite particularly on the salmon which is typical for spring. Need to search for good colored water with good temperature. Search mode is the way to go. Lakers should be available in deeper water if you want to try for them.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Fished Henderson Harbor Sunday morning for a couple hours. Fished tight to shore in shallow 10ft - 15ft of water running spoons and had no bites. Water real cold at 41 degrees. Better days ahead for sure..... 

The captains in the harbor have been struggling to catch much of anything.  It has not  been good.  I know of several boats that have fished from the head of Pillar Point to the mouth of the Salmon River and everywhere in between with minimal to zero luck.  Like Kevin stated all the action seems to be on the west end of the lake. I know I'm looking forward to the eye opener. Good luck and better things to come on the eastern end.

11 hours ago, Little Crappie said:

We were able to find 2 browns today around stoney point 10-20 FOW. Nice day on the water today! Lake was calm

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The first trout had a fresh lamprey bite, and a healed lamprey scar. The second trout had two fresh lamprey bites, one on each side. Seems like the lampreys are sucking the life (and the fight) out of these fish. Makes me wonder if it has any effect on our east-end fishing.

Edited by Todd in NY

We were able to find 2 browns today around stoney point 10-20 FOW. Nice day on the water today! Lake was calm

Good to hear Matt. Happy you got some. Hopefully it will continue!

- GBL

Yea that's a good thought there little crappie, I never had or heard of the lamps being that bad in the Henderson area, then again if there's that little fish in the area, that would explain so many marks on the that are in the area?? either way that's a good brown!!  Off the subject could you fill us in on the water levels in that area, plus how's the debrie in the water??

Debris in the water seemed to really pick up this week, dock piling size logs out there. Water levels high, seems a couple feet higher. Temps are warmer past the lighthouse....49-50. Only lure to catch fish was a 6-8ft diving (I'd guess) rainbow trout pattern stick, ran spoons, shallow, medium, and deep sticks of all colors. Hung out in 8-20ft of water. There's def a midline in the sandy creek side shoreline, but we caught one in clear water and one in the mud line. If I was a betting man, I'd head back to the mud line south of Stoney point launch and troll in and out of the mud line. Yesterday that about 18-20ft

22 minutes ago, Little Crappie said:

Debris in the water seemed to really pick up this week, dock piling size logs out there. Water levels high, seems a couple feet higher. Temps are warmer past the lighthouse....49-50. Only lure to catch fish was a 6-8ft diving (I'd guess) rainbow trout pattern stick, ran spoons, shallow, medium, and deep sticks of all colors. Hung out in 8-20ft of water. There's def a midline in the sandy creek side shoreline, but we caught one in clear water and one in the mud line. If I was a betting man, I'd head back to the mud line south of Stoney point launch and troll in and out of the mud line. Yesterday that about 18-20ft

Thanks!! I'll be in the water right at break of day, being said all the crap in the water is a big concern to me. Best of luck to all Saturday, please post picks!! 

fished henderson for 9 hours water was pretty clean and temps between 45 to 49 very few marks anywhere tried spoons and hard baits with only one small laker to show for it. Little to no bait feed the wall my depth raider prob and ball that sucked.Fished from the cut to stoney creek as well as in the bay nobody home should have went west .

I'll be leaving Sunday evening after the opener of eye season, fish Monday-Friday, fishing eyes with a couple other boats in the morning till noon then blast over to Laker Land, then hit the eyes in the evening, and try at night after I lay a gps track down, just for this purpose.

Pap... where's this place you call Laker Land? Not trying to burn a spot, just wondering. I'm still well within the learning curve out deep and the more options I have the better! Lol!