Henderson bay browns and coho

Hi,

I'm coming up to Henderson Hbr May 23 for 5 days for the first time. No idea what the harbor fishing will be then, but if I wanted to launch out of the Stoney Creek launch instead of the one in Hbr, I have a couple of questions.

I'm looking at the NOAA map and it shows shallow water and grass at 1ft depth and a little further closer to the lake, rocks at 3ft depth just before you get to the main lake. Im running a 1800 Sport Angler (Lund) with the 150Hp Merc 4 stroke. Will I have trouble getting into the main lake from this launch?

I was thinking that the Stoney Creek Launch would easier than going across Henderson Hbr, Trying to determine the best path to take to get past the shoal by Gull Island and then motoring down around Stoney Point.

This may all be a mute point in a few weeks when I arrive, as I may have good luck without going down to the Stoney Creek area. Just looking to be prepared before I arrive.

Thanks and Boat Safe

Egoody

You'll be totally fine going through Stoney just stay inside the buoys. DEC came by camp the other day saying water levels are supposed to raise another 10inches or so by June. I've been in and out of there with my old 22ft islander plenty of times. Usually don't have to worry till end of season but o think this year Stoney will be good all year long

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Water coming up another 10" by June??? My boat is already maxed to the ceiling in my boathouse and I have never seen the water this high. My neighbor had his windshield crushed in yesterday as the water level kept rising and crushed it against the roof. Anyone else hear that the lake is going to keep going up??? Thanks!!! 

DEC was at our camp yesterday at bedford creek and Marina, check the height of the fuel tanks make sure they were high enough off the launch area they weren't gonna float away, couldn't believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks LC,
You say stay inside the buoys?....Are both sides of the channel to the lake marked?
Egoody

The channel is marked well. Yes both sides are marked. I go out of there in an 18' Trophy through July into August without a problem.

- GBL

They are poorly marked in Stoney right now... the buoys are under water due to the elevated levels. I went out of there Sunday AM and some barely are sticking out, some are submerged. Watch out going through there. Tons of big debris out there. High water levels are picking up everything off the shore line that typically has not been touchable... it's a mine field out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They are poorly marked in Stoney right now... the buoys are under water due to the elevated levels. I went out of there Sunday AM and some barely are sticking out, some are submerged. Watch out going through there. Tons of big debris out there. High water levels are picking up everything off the shore line that typically has not been touchable... it's a mine field out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the first hand update. I was just going with what I know from last season. Not sure where I'll launch this weekend, but can't wait to get up there!

- GBL