Boat checklist

stoneam2006

Ok so I'm running thru my last few days before splash down I've got

Life jackets and all safety gear minus extigisher (buying tomorrow)

Rods and tackle and trolling bags riggers weights boards extra reels and braid mono and flouro

Tool kit spare fuses jump pack spare tire boat plug

Let's here your spare/extras I like to be as prepared as possible mind you my boat was completely empty 2 days ago so only in what I put in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

do have a cooler to put all the fish in that you going to catch ?

Lmao yea it's huge my boat will be floating in it. I'm strictly catch and release unless unable to but will make 100 percent effort in good release after quick pic

Sanitary gear...hand wipes etc. May sound crazy but I carry a couple of garbage bags and t paper in case you have to go number 2 in an emergency. My boat does not have a toilet available.

Good idea thanks will do. Last resort to poop in bag tho

Not a bad idea for catch and release to have a Bogo grip handy. Put a line on it and when you catch a Salmon its best to lip her and let it drag behind the boat until it becomes feisty, then release it. Lakers don't really go belly up, along with eating up the bait salmon munch on, so if they do its no big deal, something in the food chain will take care of it.

EPIRB?  Did you check your VHF and make sure its functioning?  Flare gun?  Spare oil and hydraulic fluid.  Can of ether. may seem silly but I keep a hiking water filter on the boat just in case.  I figure If I end up adrift, with no way to communicate, I can catch fish and have filtered water until I'm rescued.

EPIRB?  Did you check your VHF and make sure its functioning?  Flare gun?  Spare oil and hydraulic fluid.  Can of ether. may seem silly but I keep a hiking water filter on the boat just in case.  I figure If I end up adrift, with no way to communicate, I can catch fish and have filtered water until I'm rescued.

What is epirb? And VHF I assume is radio (if so that works). Spare oil is now on list thanks. Will have water bottles on cooler but life straw may be a good idea. Thanks guys keep ideas flowing appreciate it

EPIRB is an "emergency position indicating radio beacon".  You can get them at REI, amazon, etc.  Some require a subscription.  Some don't.  Mine doesn't.  You buy it, register it with all of your personal info, emergency contact info, boat description, etc.  And if you get into trouble you turn it on.  and it broadcasts your position to the satellites, which relays all of your data to the coast guard.

I have one registered to my boat, and one registered for ground use when Im hunting in the back country.  They cost about $250.  

http://info.acrartex.com/epirbs-are-a-boating-safety-must?ads_cmpid=207670294&ads_adid=11151919534&ads_matchtype=b&ads_network=g&ads_creative=173491364044&utm_term=%2Bepirb&ads_targetid=kwd-19813257841&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&ttv=2&gclid=COqtpun0wNMCFcdMDQodwzIHsw

Other stuff to consider would be a prop tool, spare prop, duct tape, assortment of screws and bolts, tubes of 3M 4200 and 5200, flashlight, solar charger for your cell phone (goal zero)....these are all things i HAVE HAD to use out on the water.

Edited by jigstick

EPIRB is an "emergency position indicating radio beacon".  You can get them at REI, amazon, etc.  Some require a subscription.  Some don't.  Mine doesn't.  You buy it, register it with all of your personal info, emergency contact info, boat description, etc.  And if you get into trouble you turn it on.  and it broadcasts your position to the satellites, which relays all of your data to the coast guard.

I have one registered to my boat, and one registered for ground use when Im hunting in the back country.  They cost about $250.  

http://info.acrartex.com/epirbs-are-a-boating-safety-must?ads_cmpid=207670294&ads_adid=11151919534&ads_matchtype=b&ads_network=g&ads_creative=173491364044&utm_term=%2Bepirb&ads_targetid=kwd-19813257841&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&ttv=2&gclid=COqtpun0wNMCFcdMDQodwzIHsw

Interesting and thanks may have to look at them. Even tho 99 percent if time I will be in fingers or smaller and never plan on not being able to see the shoreline (small boat) I still pay equip my boat with one with the hopes of getting a big boat someday

emergency first aid kit? Bandages and antiseptic, tape, wire/side cutter for impailed body parts from hooks.

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Boat registration, side cutters in case you have to cut a hook or rigger cable if it should get stuck on something. Hand held radio for back up during an electrical failure or god forbid you are in the water.

And of course do not leave home without snacks.

Boat registration, side cutters in case you have to cut a hook or rigger cable if it should get stuck on something. Hand held radio for back up during an electrical failure or god forbid you are in the water.

And of course do not leave home without snacks.

Sweet...good ideas