Water Levels in Dexter/Sackets Harbor.

Hey thanks a ton there Todd, that's my back yard watering hole looks pretty damn good!!  What really surprised me is there's hardly any water coming over the dam, that's great. Compared to the war stories the rest of the has to tell. :yes: good luck to ya Saturday, I'll be up Monday -Friday!! From your pics, I can see Allen has the docks in yaa-hoo, gettin pumped now, took a break from tying harnesses. This is good news my man thanks again!!

Edited by pap

No problem Pap. I figured you guys that have to make a long drive would like to see how high the water is.

I don't plan on fishing this weekend. Spring cleaning and yard work are in full swing for me. Gotta get caught up so I can make more time for fishing.

Yeah I hear ya I work on the boat till the yard dries off to mow yard, I had to do a major overhaul on my mower deck. The mandrel bearings were so shot the blades walked enough to hit each other, there isn't much room between the blades. So I rebuilt the mandrels each took 2 bearings so that's 8 bearings at $8.00 a piece is $64, but that's cheaper than 1 mandrel, and 2 1/2 days to remove repair and install them back on the deck, now she's quiet and you can hear the motor on the tractor runLOL:lol:

Henderson launch is definitely usable. Went out today. Just make sure you put down all your gear before the cut, broke off my vhf antenna there two weeks ago. Clearance is prob 8 foot or so under the bridge right now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the report. My parents said the water was high, but the pics really show it. Funny to see an incline on the dexter ramp!!! Never seen that before! Haha

And when I got my trophy and ran though the cut the first time.... clang clang clang clang went my antennae on every eye beam. Ugh! Everything comes down for me now!!!

I like using the cut in Henderson, but the rocket launcher on my hardtop might not clear the bridge now, and it's just not worth the risk. A little extra gas to go around the islands is cheaper than damaging my boat.

It's crazy to see the Black River as high as it is with so little water coming over the dam in Dexter. Henderson is a longer drive but I like the launch there much better than Dexter.

I'm planning on going up next Friday. Will most likely launch in Sackets, fingers crossed it's open. If not, then I'll launch out of Bedford Creek or Westcotts if it's not open for the season yet.

Also, may decide on getting a slip at Bedford for the weekend. Gotta talk to my mate and see what he's thinking.

And if the wind is suppose to be up, may even launch in Chaumont.

Can you tell my mind is going all over the place? [emoji15] It's gonna be a loooooong week of work! 🤣

This early in the season they should have plenty of open dock space at Bedford Creek. There weren't many boats in the marina a few days ago. Westcott's might be less crowded than Chaumont with it being opening weekend for walleye. I think all of the public boat launches will be scary busy :(

Yeah, Todd, Bedford will have plenty of spots. I've known Jerry since before he owned it. Have kept my boat there here and there. Slips for $12 a night ain't to shabby! Just not sure if I wanna stay mobile or slip it. I got a few days to decide! Lol.

Hey guys where is Bedford, the guy opposite of Henderson wants $20 a night and there not much light or surveillance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks PAP.

Bedford is between Sackets and Henderson on route 3. It's right across from the small golf course.

Search for Bedford Creek Marina and Campground in Google Maps or whichever mapping program you prefer.

Give them a call and let them know when you want a slip, early season is usually pretty open. There's a channel to follow like Stony launch, shallow sand bars, but with that water level all should be good.

I absolutely love that area, Sackets, Dexter, but have only tried for eyes there once. I'll be putting my Mom's camper up at BRB Campgrounds soon. Maybe I'll run into a few of you out there.

I live on Oneida so it's a tough call for early season but the eyes are never too hard to find here (probably shouldn't jinx myself) so I may try it early up there and then come back here to load up on eaters.

Good luck, gents!

Thanks Todd, really appreciate the info, I usually trailer from the Black River Camp Ground to Henderson, as its 11 miles from Henderson to the camp, on bad days it puts the smack down on you azz. Plus the fuel, I'd rather just drive my truck to the boat, if the situation comes to that. I'll fish Monday in the bay area, and around that area, if not seeing much them I'll fish from Pillar point towards bull rock and the Chaumont Bay Area. Being further down and a good eye bite, I'll try to get in at Bedford!!  Thanks again pap. 

Like mentioned earlier, call Bedford Creek Marina/Campground and ask them if they have space available. They have more flexibility in the early season, bedfordcreek.com , 315-646-2486

Good luck to everyone this year, and safe boating!

Edited by Todd in NY