Coated cable??

Xxx

Coated cable??

What do you guys use for a release, say above the rigger ball like a fixed slider on coated cable. If using a pinch pad out of the picture,  as I would think using a blacks with a tooth pick is out??:thinking:. Any help would be greatly appreciated PAP

Chamberlain with wire removed and treated on cable prior to terminating the use Scotty stop beads to pin in place

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

You talking cheaters Pap or stacked additional lines?

Either way Gill but a slider used with out the coated cable I wouldn't think is good thing with the metal snap would damage the cable? and a stacked line what or how to go about that, is a pinch pad ok, this is all new to me, I never gave this a thought before. :sweating: thanks for any help. I'm thinking there has to be a way. Then adding another rigger just for the coated cable, that sounds ridiculous?? Another question is the newer cable wheels at the end of the boom easier on the cable then say the original wheel. I think I can get them if need be. After I get this all set up I don't want anything to happen, because of stupidness on my part.

3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

The Scotty stacker is fine on the cable. 

Alright then Gill-T I have a enough of the light bite cannons for eyes I'll use them then. What about sliders? Sorry to be a pain in your bottom side, but you seem be the only guy that's willing to a guy out!! Thanks for your time and patience. Mike.

For a fixed slider on coated I put the snap for the slider on the fishing line and then attach a small wimpy rubber band to the coated cable, loop around cable and through itself, then loose end in snap. This will hold it in place on coated cable where ever you want it. Good size fish will bust the rubber band and  pop release . Use  Blacks or chamberlin for release just above ball. Works pretty good.

Edited by Steve.e

What type of sliders are you referring to?  I run my sliders on the main fishing line, if I want to "fix" them at a certain depth, use the rubber band, or, the stinger style clip with the rubberized end that pinches to your main line.  I've never used a slider on the rigger cable itself.

The scotty clips work well also to stack an additional rod, or, fix your free slider.

Yea, I don't what the hell I'm thinking :thinking: yea you don't run the slider on the cable anyway, and yea the OL rubber band theory, that what I use on my braid so it doesn't slip. I guess I've been working on this dam boat instead of fishing out of it maybe that would jar my memory lose a little. Thanks guys I got to get on the water more this year, I've got all the goods just my memory is going south now:lol:

I wouldn't use a slider or any other release type on your coated cable. Too much of a risk damaging coating. Its enough to keep up with the 5' above your probe. I use a blacks release at cable end. Probe. Then torpedo weight. I never drop my probe deep enough that I am gonna hang up on bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United