On the bright side...

The talk of poor fishing the past few years and lack of all species, after checking out Sampson this mid week, I figured I would say that I had a bit of relief to see the amount of fish in the marina. The usuals, but the numbers of gills, bass, sawbellies and of course rudd and carp. Bullhead were buried off the wall, and in the mud. I'm not saying go fish, but, what I am saying is there's still fish. Numerous small rainbows cruising through the schools of bait. It's more fun to watch than anything else..

The state of the lakes meeting is may 12th, in Avon, maybe I will see some of you there.

Nick

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

To go along with this last week I was at the Chamber of Commerce launch and although the fishing didn't go well when we came back in there were literally millions of minnows and small fish of mostly undetermined species all over the launch area and outside it as well. I noted that there  were a lot of small bass fry among them too. I don't remember in recent years seeing anywhere near this volume of minnows anywhere on Seneca and it reminded me of scenes from the old days where.it was common place nearly anywhere you went along the shoreline. A small sign of encouragement.

Edited by Sk8man

Were there catchable numbers of sawbellies? Was there last Tuesday afternoon and there were some smaller schools in close but I didn't have a jigging rig. In that note there were enough that I put a mini spoon on a downrigger rod and was able to get one. Was thinking just before dark they probably get thicker