Very few are doing well enough to post about, once the fish start cooperating the reports will start to come in, the entire NE shores there were better posts in that February thaw, than now, the water is 2-3ft high and cold. Still in the  high 30's after Saturday's start of the walleye season the reports will come in. Be patient this has been a weird start to the season period!!

Been fishing almost every species for years in southern Ontario, finally got a boat that's big enough for lake O last summer thankfully. So this will be my first spring heading out for salmon and trout on big water and I'd love a heads up on where or if people are finding them if anyone is willing to share. :)

• 1 month later...

I've found that most of the posts have migrated from boards like this and spoonpullers to individuals Facebook pages. Try searching pages in relation to "salmon fishing" and your particular part of the lake "port credit" "port weller" "bluffers" ect and follow their individual posts. There are also groups and communities on there like Big lake trollers where people post photos and recap their latest trip. As well almost every charter or tournament team has a page where they share their productivity. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 10 months later...

Last year was myself and my fishing partners first year ever fishing lake O. We basically applied our knowledge we learned from asking millions of questions on this page as well as following some of the charter captains YouTube channels (sounds funny) but it really helped the learning curve. This year we upped our learning by attending trolling schools and study reading material extensively. Our first year wasn’t bad, we caught Browns, kings and steelhead, but this year we are way more prepared. It’s pages like this that give guys like myself and avenue to learn and get a jump start on learning all that applies to this lake O trolling game. I’d never ask for gps coordinates as to where anyone found fish. But giving some info is really greatly appreciated, we are all fisherman here all trying to have a little success as well as being safe on the water. Tight lines guys and be safe this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Most of the reason why we are tight lipped and sometimes plain misleading is the wide open nature of websites like this one. If a nice guy from Upstate NY gives a positive report about a certain place, then that certain place will be raped by a lot of nice guys from Down State, Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and whoever else reads it.

I would like to see a closed professional members only room for fishing reports that are honest and not open to the general public. Until that happens , I will either be tight lipped or deviously misleading to keep people from raping our beautiful lake.

• Like 1

I think this site is great. Guys willingly help others 99% of the time. Few occasions where info is hard to come by openly but even then you can almost count on a few PM from people willing to point you in the right direction. Really it's not tight lipped if you ask the right questions. I appreciate the help I have been givin on this site and have met some awesome guys who I consider friends. Thanks to you guys

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Solid reports are hard to come by, but tips and tricks are readily available. Can't expect guys that earn a living to just let you borrow the boat and tackle box. Learning on the water for me is a blast. I love having a good "idea" about what I'm doing but without LOU I'd still be out there trying ! I joined here and lakeO last year. I'm definitely a rookie but will always share my reports. Some prob read and laugh, maybe somebody tries my program and gets the biggest fish of their life ! Who knows. I didn't take the OP post as a flame but I do think figuring the game out on your own is also a big accomplishment.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Some good points in this thread. I think for the most part social media spread information like wildfire whether it’s good or bad. You post a picture or two of your outing and next day, your place of fishing becomes Cleveland zoo. I enjoy posting pics but without the background, and willing to help anyone that has questions about fishing related subjects through PM.
Adrian

• Like 1

I think when people ask specific questions they probably get specific answers. Often by pm.
I for one don’t often post “reports” but am always willing to share info when asked. In most cases you don’t need numbers, or special lure colors lol, just general knowledge of what to be doing. It’s really not as hard as some make it out to be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new trolling but relied heavily on Marty and Josh at Grimsby tackle.The first 2 weeks of april I trolled out of Grimsby east towards beamsvile and west towards hamilton.

I was in less than 12 ft of water.

In gin clear water I had the best results with 5 browns in less than an hour using copper spoons.

4 were 100 ft behind boat in prop wash and 1 on planer board.

Water temps were 36 to 40 degrees.

Made lots of mistakes and lost some plugs and spoons and line but enjoyed every minute of even with snow coming down sideways.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, thumbburn said:

Half the fun is figuring it out.... I mean... who wants to be spoon fed the info..... that’s kinda like a millennium in the workforce....

X2. If it was that easy, we would find a different hobby!