SLR bullhead

Kevin J Legg

Haven't fished them in a few years but I got a tip from a buddy yesterday and picked some worms last night and rigged some rods with bobbers. My wife and I fished from 7:00-8:30 and it was nonstop action with many doubles. Ended up with a pail and a half (65 bullheads) It brought back lots of memories of fishing with our parents and our kids. Would love to have had my grandsons with me! I got them all cleaned and packaged and will be eating some fresh and giving some to friends.IMG_3845.thumb.JPG.8204eef58cf7b8ca9f3de087ce3e61b4.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great way to spend time with the significant other!! and with a bucket full of bullheads, that makes for some fine eating, my freind, nice job Kevin and of course your wife!! Your freind PAP.

Brings back memories when I was a kid.  We use to stay with friends up in Omar.  Steady action with a thrilling catfish break off every so often.  Back then it was bullheads and smelt fish frys.  hardly ever eat either anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Spring bull heading on the river is the best! It is a tradition that I have looked forward to every spring since I was a boy. Nice take Kevin. Do u hog dress the bull heads? I have been filleting mine the last few years and been very happy with the results. Enjoy!! Gotta love a good spring bull head fry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United