Owasco Big laker today

Big laker today

Fishing wasn't great today but put a big laker in the boat, took the planer board under. Put my neighbor on the rod and the battle was on......took alot of great runs, came to the net at 34 inches and bouncing just over 17lbs on the bogo. Biggest laker I've put in my boat on this lake. We released her to fight again...state released fish with left pectoral fin clip......good day on water. Was truly a day maker!

20170429_083521.jpg

Congrats guys great to hear about big lakers getting released, to give someone else the the ride of a lifetime!!  Best of luck the rest of the season :yes:

Point taken bada bing, but I assure you it released fine. I have a fishery background.....and no way to hold a fish is good...hand under the gill plate,...deadly.....hands on removing slim coat, deadly.....6 of 9 hook points in the mouth, deadly......I can keep going. ....ultimately it is stress and lactic acidosis that takes a big fish.  Water was cold, fish caught shallow, a allowed it to revive in live well for over an hour with a great aeration. Fish remained upright, active, and quite lively,  as for internal bleeding.....that's all your call....did my best with facts of good fish mangement and experience to back it up........good luck to you this season, and I will remember to do better holding fish.