Cayuga shake down

Well me and dad took my boat to Cayuga today for first run of season and first trips with the trolling gear. It started off badly had to take battery out of my truck to get boat to start after I killed my boat bat and my jump pack idk what was up. After a hr it finally powered u0 and ran great all day 5 hrs trolling. My 24 in bags worked great slowed my 3.0 merc down to 2 mph no problem. Took us awhile to get set up and gear in water but we took it slow purposely to make sure it was right. We hooked a nice laker after about a hr or so on the water got it on the boat super pumped. Missed a few strikes (could have been false strikes still learning) and lost a real nice rainbow at the net. Absolute blast I get it now I understand some of your passions for trolling will be back at it tomorrow of all goes as planned. Pic of me and dad with the lone boated fish. Thank you to everyone who helped me get here and boat my first laker. Laker was released to live another day and swam off strong. Maybe she will bite again tomorrow.2017-04-299511.36.33.jpg2017042995121131.jpg2017042995121100.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Way to Stoneam2006, glad to hear you didn't give up at the dock!! Got got gear out and boated one and missed one by inches!! I can tell you my first day didn't go that smoothLOL and no I didn't land a fish on my first try at sea:lol:. I'm 52 years old and to this day the first time out I still get butterflies in my stomach. Is she going to fire up, I know I put the plug in but I still double guess myself, on the way to the ramp I'm already wiping sweat, please let the launch be empty. Because the faster you go the longer it takes. Ya done good !! Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!!  PAP

Thanks guys I owe it to you all taking time to point me in right direction and help me out.

Great job! I would however suggest you replace the rod holders on the side of the boat with something stronger. If you plan on running dipseys or fishing Lake Ontario sooner of later they will fail. I learned the hard way and the gear I lost would have paid for nice rod holders

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job! I would however suggest you replace the rod holders on the side of the boat with something stronger. If you plan on running dipseys or fishing Lake Ontario sooner of later they will fail. I learned the hard way and the gear I lost would have paid for nice rod holders

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2 on the rod holders I also learned the hard way

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A few years ago my boat died after a run from Sampson to Watkins. It stalled when I pulled it out of gear and would not restart. I ended up pulled two of the wires off the coil so there was just power. Then the boat ran fine. In my case it turned out to be the shift cable switch. But hey could be a good way to start trouble shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

No problem. I fish Cayuga often so we will see you out there someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hopefully...i really like fishing it even tho it's such a long drive for me. I'd like to learn how to catch Lakers in Canandaigua and seneca too