After deliberating all week I finally decided to make the drive up last night after work for a day trip. Met two good fishing buddies at the oak. We ended up going 5 for 5. Two nice footballs and three small kings. The bite was pretty tough tho most of the day accept for about 2 hours mid day. Water temp is still 47 ish in most areas we trolled. Hit a couple pockets on 50-53 where we picked up our strikes. Big brown took a white glow dw spoon. All others were on bay rats of no particular color. They all took a different stick .

IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0377.JPGIMG_0367.JPGIMG_0380.JPGIMG_0374.JPGIMG_0369.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I suppose they could be. I'm new to this. Buy the inside of the mouth was black. The older gent said he thought they were small kings. If I misidentified I apologize.

Pretty sure those are coho.

Ok. Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to post the links. I'll be sure to read them over for better reference in the future. But sounds like the consensus would be correct. They only had black inside the mouth and tung. From what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

9 hours ago, cabezon99 said:

Chowdaire, I see the links are from Washington state, done any fishing out there? 

I have not. Only been to Washington once or twice and no fishing, unfortunately. I just pulled those pics because they were the best mouth pics I found with a quick Google.

As for the fish ID, I'm too new to this to chime in. I'm just trying to learn it myself.

A lot of cross breeding in this lake as well. Chin-hos are fairly common. Kings will have many many spots all over the tail, and dark mouths. Coho have very few spots, mostly on the top (though a very few on the bottom is possible)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice fishing men! I've always looked at the tail profile and coloration in the spring fish. Mouth can be misleading sometimes. The coho always has a more pronounced fork angle in the tail, as compared to a juvenile king of the same size usually a more sweeping curve to almost straight profile on the trailing edge.

Body color of a spring coho has that distinct blue green hue on the top 1/3 and a pearlescent silver side. There are the variants of crossbreed in lesser occurrence however.

Coho is the best table fare!

Nice to see the early success!...and docks in at the state launch!

Mark

Money doesn't buy happiness,

but it does buy horsepower....

I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Nice! Cher will try to steal your shirt!...the Sombrero looks like a great rain hat for the boat...you should try that!..happy hatch day! Looks like Mariachi de Oro?

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Appologies for posting on the wrong post here guys. Still trying to figure out LOU app and Smartphone. Thought Skipper 19 was commenting on my Post. Sorry guys, smart phone is only as good as the Dumbass (ME) using it. BTW beutiful boat! Best of luck the rest of the year.

Sent from my VS880 using Lake Ontario United mobile app