Five Star Review for Tuna's Reel Trouble

Five Star Review for Tuna's Reel Trouble

Just received my to Diawa Sg27lc from Tuna's and all I can say is that Andy is the best at what he does. He received the reels on a Thursday and called me Friday at noon saying they were done. Fast turnaround. Quality work at a reasonable rate and even the packing was more than sufficient. Also each reel was tagged with a description of work done and a bag of old parts attached. Sorry for rambling but I am in field service and this quality of service and work needs to be recognized. 

Thank You

levelwind 

44 minutes ago, UNREEL said:

:yes:    Had a good experience with Andy as well

Cool pic, UNREEL, yes I've have sent reels there also, same story quick turn around and quality work!!

4 hours ago, pap said:

Cool pic, UNREEL, yes I've have sent reels there also, same story quick turn around and quality work!!

Thanks Pap. Getting that little bugger to pose for a pic was a PITA

So I have a question for you guys.  And its difficult to explain.  I picked up some Okuma Coldwater reels last year to use off my down riggers.  up until then I have used the Convectors and Daiwas.  When I adjust my rigger rod depth, I would keep the clicker on, and back off the drag a bunch, then drop the ball.  Basically using the clicker to prevent the reel from free spooling.  Then when I hit my target depth I would tighten down drag again and take up the slack.

with these Coldwater reels, its damn near impossible for me to set rods like this.  The drag is either 75-100% engaged, or completely off and free spooling. 

Can this Tuna guy fix this problem?  Im guessing its a problem with the drag adjustment wheel or drag discs???  So frustrating for a new reel to be doing this.

If anyone can properly assess the problem and competently fix reels it is Andy Coperhaver at Tuna's

Edited by Sk8man