I can add something :) Get some of Brian's Gambler rigs if you really want to catch lakers and run them as mentioned as above....surefire way to get the big ones...

Starting to heat up in Bath? Do you also fish the Wellington area? 

I don't fish Wellington until mid/end June when the kings show up.

Bath has been slow, best outing has been 9 fish. Well below previous years numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sk8man said:

I can add something :) Get some of Brian's Gambler rigs if you really want to catch lakers and run them as mentioned as above....surefire way to get the big ones...

X2 I got many combos and they all catch fish. The best fishing expense I have done in recent years. 

6 hours ago, fishslayer23 said:

IMG_0978.JPG what do you guys think of this set up

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You are gonna get a ton of knock offs with your spin n glo rig like that.  Lakers like to grab the very back end of the bait.  With your current set up, they would miss the hooks most of the time.  I would suggest adding some beads to get the hook back so the hook is right to the edge of the fly. Also lengthen the lead on the spin n glo.  I find 24-28" is perfect. 

Edited by GAMBLER

If you know of a place that sells the bigger spin&glows You could make your own to get yourself out of a pinch, then just PM. Brian for the real deal, he's got em' down to a science, and priced cheaper than you can make them:yes:

14 hours ago, fishslayer23 said:

Is there anywhere around Olcott that sells gambler rigs?

I live in Hilton and could meet you in Oak Orchard if you would like.  Let me know.  I am available tomorrow from 1-3pm. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will order some from your site. I just want to catch some fish, especially when I take my elderly neighbor lady fishing. I know folks have a disdain for lake trout on here, but I do not. I am thankful to catch ANY fish. too many days with nothing caught. I smoked some salmon last year and they were delicious! I suspect the lake trout will taste good smoked too. But, how do I fish them, behind a cow bell I assume? Does that go for the spin glow rigs as well as the peanuts? Or do I use a spin doctor or a flasher?

I was going to suggest Brian make an instructional video on his set-up. But it might be easier if he invites us on his boat for an on the water lesson. I am still waiting to use his system here on Georgian Bay. Motor problems are keeping me close to boat launch. I will give a fish report when motor is up full throttle. Beanstir

7 hours ago, Beanstir said:

I was going to suggest Brian make an instructional video on his set-up. But it might be easier if he invites us on his boat for an on the water lesson. I am still waiting to use his system here on Georgian Bay. Motor problems are keeping me close to boat launch. I will give a fish report when motor is up full throttle. Beanstir

There will be a video on my site this summer. Once the water recedes and I can get my boat in, we are putting a video together.  As for fishing with me, I am more than willing to take guys out and show them the ropes. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received my GAMBLER rigs today in the mail. Outstanding product and customer service. Looking forward to testing these on Lake Huron lake trout. Will be buying more here. Thanks Brian! -David from Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United