SPRING LOC

Hi All! Just wanted to re-post what we just put on our FB page:

Hi Anglers!

The Spring LOC Derby starts on Friday and we are ready to roll! The fish are biting and we are excited to kick off the 2017 season with all of you. I do want to take a moment to address the water level as it is certainly something I have been monitoring closely. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL OF OUR WEIGH STATIONS AND REGISTRATION LOCATIONS ARE OPEN.

I do want to remind you all to please be careful as there is the possibility you will encounter some floating debris. Also, give yourself some extra time in getting in as there is a 5mph speed limit in the bays. There is a no wake order within 500' of shore but THIS DOES NOT EFFECT TROLLING ALONG THE SHORELINE.

Chris Kenyon went fishing out of Sodus Bay this past weekend and sent us this report: "Browns at first light, east of the Sodus Bay channel. That was the starting point of a trip last Saturday, April 29th. After boxing some nice browns, we headed for 120 fow, straight out from Sodus. Riggers, planer boards and dipseys was the routine. A large lake trout hit 100 feet down over 140 fow. A small Atlantic salmon was released and another brown hit a stickbait off the boards. The catch of the day would be the bright-shiny Coho, which tried to gobble a black and silver Rapala. It was a jumbo Coho for a springtime fish.
Are Wayne County fish on the bite? Yes, they are; after a half-day on the water…never leaving the Sodus area of Lake Ontario…this adventure put eight fish in the box."

Pictured: Ben Freeman, 12 year old from Liverpool, fishing aboard Fishin’ Magician, with Captain Ryan Williamson…home port Sodus Bay.

See you on the lake this weekend!

-Dave Chilson, LOC President

IMG_1350coho.jpg

Thanks for the post Sarah,

Please keep constant updates on here.

I am signing up at a new weigh station this year---Bald Eagle Marina Between Sandy Creek and Oak Orchard. I saw your DOCKSIDE weigh station set up there-Very nice. Gonna be very nice for the Sandy creek guy's to weigh in this year.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Thanks for the post Sarah,
Please keep constant updates on here.
I am signing up at a new weigh station this year---Bald Eagle Marina Between Sandy Creek and Oak Orchard. I saw your DOCKSIDE weigh station set up there-Very nice. Gonna be very nice for the Sandy creek guy's to weigh in this year.

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL

You can also follow us on Facebook. I'm going to try to do video and/or go live while we are on the road this year so we can keep everyone up to date as much as possible!
Thanks!
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sarah,

I had some out of state fisherman sign up for the spring LOC derby online. They paid online and were given a confirmation #, but were never asked to fill out their names or other info ? How does this work ?

Thanks in advance

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

The invoice number they received when they signed up online is their registration number that they will use for weigh in. They would have filled out their name and contact info along with payment info when they signed up online as part of the registration process. If they are still unsure have them call the office at 315-333-5213!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sarah,
I had some out of state fisherman sign up for the spring LOC derby online. They paid online and were given a confirmation #, but were never asked to fill out their names or other info ? How does this work ?

Thanks in advance

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL

I think my first attempt at a response failed so sorry if this posts twice but when they registered online they would have filled out their name, contact info and payment information. The confirmation/invoice number they receive via email is their registration number, what they will use to weigh in their fish. Have them call the office to confirm their status-it's a quick look up for up for Sandy in the office at 315-333-5213.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Sarah I am going to put an idea in your head. How about looking at moving the spring derby dates to start mid-may and end on Memorial Day?  Fishing is better, no conflicts with Mothers Day, the weather is better, and more ports come on line for salmon. More opportunity means more people in the derby. Thank you for your consideration. 

Edited by Gill-T

6 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Sarah I am going to put an idea in your head. How about looking at moving the spring derby dates to start mid-may and end on Memorial Day?  Fishing is better, no conflicts with Mothers Day, the weather is better, and more ports come on line for salmon. More opportunity means more people in the derby. Thank you for your consideration. 

And more people have their boats in the water. 

Yes, the amount of boats in the water by early May is depressing. Good idea. Heck, you could even have the Rainbow division back!

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think this Spring was particularly challenging for everyone and we are always working really hard to make things as good as possible for as many people as possible. I'll pass your suggestions along to Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United