Keuka Keuka meeting

Keuka meeting

According to the Keuka Lake Association web site there will be a DEC meeting at Keuka College at 6:30 on June 12 concerning the Keuka Lake fishery. Alewife die off and fisheries health will be discussed. Should be interesting.

Region 8 is hosting two meetings. These are Angler Diary Cooperator Meetings and according to my invitation from DEC they are "designed specifically for our volunteers". The first one will be held May 15, 2017 from 6:30 until 8:00 PM at the DEC Region 8 Headquarters conference room, 627 East Avon-Lima Road, Avon, NY. The second meeting will be held from 10:00 to 11:30 AM on August 12 at the Robert S Turner Chemung County Fairgrounds, (Soil and Water Conservation Center, log cabin). 170 Fairview Road, Horseheads NY.

Stated objectives of the meetings is to:

1) show appreciation for the Diary keepers

2) ensure the data collected is of highest quality

3) to have an open dialogue with the volunteers

I think it's great that DEC is showing appreciation for the volunteers efforts and seeking dialogue regarding the fisheries in Region 8!

The meeting that Guff referred to is open to the public. It will be held in room 109 Hegeman Hall. It's a basic state of the lake meeting and will include the states' plans to deal with the collapse of the fishery.

Thanks Bigfoot for the info. I have a cottage on Keuka, going on 10 years. Over 1000 hours trolling it. I will miss the June meeting at the college but your info is helpful as I will hopefully attend one of the meetings you posted. This lake needs some changes. Hopefully some constructive conversations and actions will take place soon. I am happy to help anyway possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just my opinion I know I'm young and you guys have fished that lake way longer than I have.. I think the over population of the Lakers in that lake caused the bait decline and now they are on the decline. Hopefully it's just a cycle thing and the bait will eventually rise again