Fish Hawk Display- Where to Mount? Front or back?

Fish Hawk Display- Where to Mount? Front or back?

I am going to buy a Fish Hawk X4. I was wondering the best place to mount the display,  in front near steering wheel, or in the back near the downrigger. My kicker motor throttle has to be controlled by hand in the back. It is steered from the steering wheel, up front, and this year I will be trying out my newly home- built autopilot for steering also. Thanks for the input. 

I have mine mounted at the helm. This is where I am most of the time watching my electronics and driving the boat. I personally would not like to have to walk to the back to check my speed, but I believe this is preference.  I fish alone a lot so having everything in one place makes it easier to monitor what's going on.

Mine is on the stern. The display is big enough to see from the helm and I like the display near the downriggers to monitor the temp and work the riggers at the same time without having to crane my neck to the helm. Once it is set, then I can crane my neck back from the helm to check on it while watching the rods. Two birds, one stone...

Money doesn't buy happiness,

but it does buy horsepower....

I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Technology is really progressing. Maybe you can have your FishHawk both places if you have the 4xd. Over the winter, I fabricated some gimbal cross plates with Scotty bases. I know many people consider Scotty to be plastic junk, but I love the flexibility. I rigged up a way to place an iPad in a water resistant case in lieu of a rod holder
IMG_1494556389.981894.jpg

FishHawk app repeats the 4xd display using a free app with Bluetooth.
IMG_1494556460.698401.jpg

Lowrance HDS Gen3 repeats the display using a wifi connection. You can toggle between the two apps
IMG_1494556545.083486.jpg

I have my FishHawk and sonar at both the helm and the stern

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

thanks for the feedback, and interesting ways folks are doing things. Mine is the x4. I mounted it up front near steering wheel, behind fishfinder. The display is big enough to see with no problem.