Canandaigua Canandaguia lake conditions

Pretty much have to wait until the day before to know more accurately as we are expected to get quite a bit of rain in the next few days and with relatively high water level it could change significantly as a result. The 5 day weather forecast has rain through Sunday and some possible snow then. Sometimes this projecton changes greatly so hopefully things will get better. The wind direction and velocity will also be even more important with high water conditions (pushing debris etc.).

Jason - I'll check out the north end in a few minutes after I finish up withthings here. Too nasty today to drive to the south end.

Here are pics from the north end just now (and it is still raining here) Note that only the handicapped dock is available the others aren't in yet.

northlaunch1.jpg

northlaunch2.jpg

northlaunch3.jpg

northlaunch4.jpg

outhecanal.jpg

seagers.jpg

boathousessouth.jpg

boathousesnorth.jpg

endofpier.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

When I was driving down the wst side I could see a pretty big mud line across on the east side near Thendara but it didn't look real bad on the west side. If the rain continues tonight it could be more extensive though. The extreme north end is pretty muddy out about 500 yards or so from the pier. I would imagine itwill be pretty muddy at the south end with the West River running strong with all this rain. You may have to travel aways north to get clear of the chocolate water. Good luck to all of you who brave the elements tomorrow.:)

You're very welcome Jason. Go get them bud and stay safe.:) Wish I had some tips but last time out I struck out and the conditions were different too.

Geez Ted I wish I had known you were there and I would have. That is cool about the boat someone will be very happy with that one:) My neighbor (Mike M). was really interested but I think with his pontoon boat he already has his share of nice toys. Stay dry Ted I'll stop by when I'm over that way again.

Yes - Mike M really wanted it from the day I brought it home.  I know he would have liked it, but as you say, he has his share of toys.  He hangs out at the marina a lot.