score one for the little guy

score one for the little guy

So we finally got up to camp last weekend to check things out and open everything up.  We had our grandson with us and he was paitent with us getting the trailer opened and ready so while up there we got out the bobber rods and had some fun.  He got a pile of perch up to 8 inches and this happened.  he hooked it and fought it all on his own all i did was talk him through it and get the fish out of the water and take pics.  This fish was all of 30lbs probably more (no scale handy).  caught it on a snoopy pole and zebco took about 25 mins to land.  The picture does not do it justice.  Thank god the water was cold and most of the runs were slow i think if the fish had decided to go out to the lake there was no stopping him.  He talked about this fish for the rest of the trip but in fairness so did I.  This quite possibly tops my PB Carp but i dont target them (may have to start)IMG_20170429_164200737.thumb.jpg.328a90b04740e15a0bb461f15714a675.jpgIMG_20170429_164223214.thumb.jpg.3d3698831f11773f630551205564a609.jpg

That is fantastic. I have fished spring carp for years and really enjoy it. That fish is a toad! Should get the kid a repro mount for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

thanks guys 

i've spent so much time targeting certain species or methods but I end up with so many good memories from random bonus fish like this or things that happened when just fishing simple in order to enjoy the outdorrs

• 2 months later...

WOW what a toad!! and a memory that will last the young mans lifetime. It's a funny thing how as we grow older and our children grow up, it's things like this that touch the heart!! I think it's because this roles the pages of time back to our era. Congrats to your catch and memories!!!