Jasper Marine engines

Jasper Marine engines

I am re powering my boat a 24 foot Penn Yan it had a 5.0 and Im going to do a 5.7. My question Is a Jasper re manufactured  marine motor any good. I have had several in cars and trucks and had good luck with them but I don't know about their Marine line of engines. Does come with two year warranty including labor and unlimited hours. My other option is to go Mercruiser 357 alpha V4 drop in complete motor.  I have not heard much about them. only has a 1 year and is a lot more money.  

Just ensure if your current outdrive is geared and can handle the 5.7 swap.

Always had good luck around the jasper side of things. ...

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Not to disagree with Nick, but in my opinion & experiance there are much better options than Jasper when it comes to re-powering. I'm sure there are some that have had good luck , but I'll bet there are more with bad experiences with there marine line. Good choice to upgrade to a 5.7 as well. Everything will transfer over from the 5.0 and assuming it is Mercruiser the 1:50 outdrive ratio is the same between the two. 

Not to disagree with Nick, but in my opinion & experiance there are much better options than Jasper when it comes to re-powering. I'm sure there are some that have had good luck , but I'll bet there are more with bad experiences with there marine line. Good choice to upgrade to a 5.7 as well. Everything will transfer over from the 5.0 and assuming it is Mercruiser the 1:50 outdrive ratio is the same between the two. 

I was stating the jasper as a whole, never played with their marine line.. [emoji108]

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!