Cayuga LOU-All `08 results

Was a great time. Hope to see those that missed it next year. Last minute stuff caused a few boats to pull out. There were some pretty nice catches represented for the mornings effort. A 5:15 thunder storm cause about a 45 minute delay getting out in the lake but after it passed the boats went to work.

Thanks goes out to Splitshot (Scott) for heading up this event this year. Great door prizes!. If anyone has more info to add or clearify (names, weights, captions, etc.), please post and I'll edit this thread.

And the winner is..again.. :arrow: Rusty Rat

Second year winner with overall weight of 32lbs 8oz.

Total weight of only 1 mans limit of trout & salmon per boat.

Line up went like this:

1st Rusty Rat 37# 12oz

2nd Bluemahi 31# 5

3rd Stinger 25# 10

4th Splitshot

5th Playing Hooky

6th Chowder

The winner holding trophy, Rusty Rat (Scott). Presenting trophy, Splitshot (Scott)

gx1BLJaS.jpg

Captain & Crew

gx1BLT9r.jpg

1st place youth division - Chowder's son Elliot

Chowder standin behind red cooler

gx1BLY8J.jpg

Nice brown by RR. 9# 6 oz

Rollie standing behind the scales wondering if he can have it for dinner :) .

gx1BMeBJ.jpg

LOU members that were still around after the awards were given

gx1BMjB0.jpg

Barney donated his time & scales for the event. He is all tired out from weighing all the fish. Thanks Barney :!:

gx1BMtzA.jpg

BTW, Because of Rollie, none of the fish in this Tourny went to waste.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishin ... highlight=

Thanks to all involved in planning and organizing the event. Yesterday was Elliot's first laker and rainbow without any assistance + the trophy= another generation learning the way to take over the helm.

Thank you stinger. 32 is a nice mess of fish.

HMMMMM looks like a Stinger alwie in that kids hand.

As soon as I can find my camera download program I have a few photos also.Probably find it this winter sometime.

Next year it wont be so easy.

Congrats to all participants.

That is a nice brown.

To All

Had a great time excluding the weather and a few other details I'd rather not mention. I've got to give Chaos a big thanks for arranging for the door prizes with Bass Pro, so if you guys get to Bass Pro also thank them.

We'll plan on a bigger and better one for next year complete with BBQ

afterwords. After all we gotta losen the Rats grip on that trophy, He's going to think it's his for keeps. :lol::lol: As always it's great to put names with faces and the fishing is an added bonus when you get to fish

along with the likes of Stinger, Rusty Rat.and other members from the board. ;) Bluemahi is learning the lake pretty quick.(he has a good teacher ;) ) Looking forward to next year.

Splitshot115

Well I had a great morning. Fishing was fantastic for me. I actually think there is a mistake on my weight as I come up with 38 lbs or so. Either Mike Typo'd it or Barney added up my score worng.

We had

Laker 9lbs

Laker 8lbs

Laher 6.5 lbs

Salmon 5.1 lbs

Brown 9.6 lbs

No matter though! :lol:

We had a great time and always enjoy meeting new members. My wife is thrilled to have to dust and polish the cup for one more year. Actually Tracy, my first mate will have it for 6 months. He is very intregal to the success of the team. He runs a mean back of the boat. (with my oversite of course :lol: )

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

During the wicked T storm that hit at 5:00 am, We were sitting in the boat, in the lift waiting for it to pass, when my cell rings. Its my wife looking out the window. The first thing she says, is what are you Morons doing out in the boat? :lol:

Many thanks to Split for organizing the tourny. He does a great job.

RR

During the wicked T storm that hit at 5:00 am, We were sitting in the boat, in the lift waiting for it to pass, when my cell rings. Its my wife looking out the window. The first thing she says, is what are you Morons doing out in the boat? :lol:

RR

That's too funny. :D :D :D

I actually think there is a mistake on my weight as I come up with 38 lbs or so. Either Mike Typo'd it or Barney added up my score worng.

We had

Laker 9lbs

Laker 8lbs

Laher 6.5 lbs

Salmon 5.1 lbs

Brown 9.6 lbs

That adds up to 37lb 12oz. :shock: . After the drop weights were removed it came to 32-8 :lol:,.>......................... >........just kidding.

Split, will have to help me out here with what he has. I may have copied his notes wrong :$ .

I'll do a temp fix above and clean it up after split responds.

Just wanted to offer my two cents, we had a great time meeting so many people we only knew by name before. I'd like to volunteer to help in any way next year. We did get a late start due to the weather, unfortunately my girlfriend loves to fish and is learning quickly the ins and outs of trolling but the weather made her alittle nervous. I figured better a late start than to sour her taste on fishing.

Lastly I'm on the lake more often than not on the weekends, catch me on the radio and we'll swap info if you like. Hope to see you all on the lake.

Mower AKA John

• 2 months later...

Put the boat to rest for the winter and got to thinking about this event,

was nice to meet people that you usually never see and only hear on the radio. Looking forward to this next year, have to avenge my loss to Rusty Rat and the others, felt real bad that the three of us got smoked by 2 husband and wife teams and 1 of them spent some time in the mouth of Salmon Creek taking care of some tangles, (Right Splitshot :lol: )

Wait'll next year

Playin Hookey

I cant believe ya got Barney in a pic, he is a very close friend of mine, he is a pretty good pool player too. I relly miss his bait biz. I visit with him almost everyday during the summer I keep my boat ar fingerlakes marina I hope to meet you guys sometime, i have lost my fishing partner 2 years ago, the damn fool had to get old and die on me. Dennis

Rodrattler,

I think I've met you at Barney's before, I stay at Myers for the summer.

Barney is a good egg, he never fails to help out with this derby.

You've probably ran into a few others from this board as they frequent

the lower portion of Cayuga, Mower is docked in the same marina.

Splitshot115