Hughes 5-6

Got out this morning for a short trip out of Hughes with my dad and Albert Fordham. Turned left out of port and set-up. Soon after setting up the 10' rigger fired with a hefty 6 lb brown. It hit a gold/green edge stingray 50' behind the ball. A little while later the same rigger fired again with a brown pushing 8 lbs. We made it all the way up to Ginna before turning around and starting back, then packed up at 9:45. We ended 7 for 8 taking 5 on the gold/green edge spoons, one on a NK28 black/green glow, missed another on the gold brown trout Stingray, and and got another on a white/black/silver Stingray. Riggers and board lines with 2 split shots fired. Fish came between 10-25 fow with 15 fow being best, four 6-8 lbs, others smaller. Creeks were putting out huge plumes of super muddy water with stained water everywhere else. Several bites came near the creek plumes.

Lots of debris in the water with many large chunks of wood and logs - be very careful if under power out there!! Seemed to get worse as we got closer to Ginna. Hoping to get out again later in the week...

IMG_0906.JPG

Edited by Finders Keepers

Thanks guys! I'm going to try to give detailed reports this season from the various ports we're fishing out of. Definitely head the caution for debris - more out there than I have ever seen, including stuff under the water surface too...

Thanks a lot Finders Keepers, great day lots of action!! Thanks again on the debrie defiantly a something to keep in mide at all time!! Congrats to your day!!! PAP

Just an oddball tip about the debris....make sure you check out your trailer when you load the boat with all the debris. I accidentally got a branch caught between the boat hull and trailer bunk and didn't notice it at the launch and later after trailering noticed that it had snapped the front of one of the bunks underneath the metal support and had to replace the bunk.:envy:

Edited by Sk8man