I have 1. I caught a few kings and then saw some storms coming from the west so we picked up and headed to shore. We then watched 6 water spouts from wrights along with other folks. First time I had ever seen them. Very cool!!!!!(well at least from shore they are). Scattered fish 150-300 fow. 80-120 down.

Has anyone ever had any waterspout encounters before and are they dangerous. I do realize they are tornados on water. There is some video and pics of them on www.wixt.com

TOUGH AND ROUGH! First off I wanna say thanks Home Office,Lucky Dutchman, Goin Again and his brother and who ever else I met on the green dock this weekend. I had a good time talkin to everyone. Its nice to start building some good relationships up on the pond. Fishing wasnt what my crew had planned on but we did have a few Browns to fall back on. As we all know around 100 FOW towards the east. We got 2 on a glow NK28 with a green ladderback on the copper, not sure how deep it was due to loosing some from tangles Its almost a full spool on a Okuma Convector CV55 SS. The others came on a Moonshine NBK lookin thing. I forgot the name. All fish were 5 lbs give or take. If ya wernt up there this weekend ya didnt miss much, some thunder lightning wind rain and, o yea waterspouts !@#!$#%*&*. Anyway we are planning to come back in 2 weeks hope everyone stays well and finds the DAMN salmon. Keep me posted! Thanks............

Newfoundland,Pa - Oswego,Ny

Gone fishin' , be back for deer season............

This is a picture of a water spout Saturday morning, Harbor Fest weekend. If you look closely in the center of the picture, you can see the funnel and the cloud of mist on the water level. Needless to say we pulled the rods and headed for shore. It gave me cause for great concern.

waterspout.jpg

About a decade ago, I remember seeing on the news out of Buffalo a story about a guy running balls out up the Niagara in a cigar boat, when he got picked up by a water spout. The boat went 20' in the air dumping the guy out into some of the scariest water around (near the peace bridge). Luckly someone saw it happen and got the guy out alive.

Here are a couple of pictures from the storms on Saturday. We were about 5 miles offshore so we stayed out fishing and watched all the storms roll across inland. As far as the fishing went we were 2 for 6 on Saturday with the biggest being 15 lbs. caught down 125' over 550' of water on a chartreuse salmon slasher with an Atomik 3 fly rig with Big Weenie slickstrips fake cut-bait. On Sunday we went out late, didn't get set up until 7:30 and went 2 for 5 with the biggest being 14 lbs. caught on a wire dipsey out 300' on a 2 setting over 360' of water. We also caught a brown down 115' over 315' of water which seemed pretty weird to me, that fish should not have been there. A lot of downrigger releases with nobody home. I don't know if it was just small fish or they were just hitting real light. We are taking next week-end off then will be back up for the Derby. I am staying up for the first 9 days of the Derby with my son, so no reports until I get back home. My $25 check from LOC for the 16th place salmon was waiting for me when I got home Sunday. Hopefully we can put a fish on the board in the fall derby too.

Good Luck to all.

Burt

Fishing088.jpgFishing089.jpgFishing090.jpg