LOC

LOC

We have known since last tues the conditions we were to have this weekend . Seems more than not launches/marinas/docks are underwater. Shore erosion, 

Water everywhere it should not be. Guys who want to fish can't find a place to launch their boat safely without waders. Let alone a place to dock. 

With all that being said and knowing what we know was coming, the spring  LOC should have been postponed or canceled IMO. Out of respect for All fishing related 

buisnesses who depend on the influx of cash from this and cant be part of it. Was a complete lack of good judgement , bad form,lack of respect for the severity of the situatio,IMO. I understand Captains and guys who travel but sometimes you have to do the right thing. 

The 7' of snow we got a few years back , the BILLs decided it was best to move the home game to Detroit.How much money was lost on that ?  Kind of the same thing. 

The lake is easily available all along the shore, albeit, with a little high water.  Can't agree with your assessment , thinking you need to suck it up buttercup!

Have a great day!

John

Good morning-just wanted to address your comment head on. I see why you have this opinion and certainly respect that you feel this way. The logistics of postponing an event of this size are a bit more complicated than a simple push back of dates. We have participants that plan trips well in advance with vacation time taken off from work, reservations made, etc. We partner with a number of locations who act as weigh stations and registration outlets and for the most part they are all fully operational with the exception of one. For these seasonal businesses they rely heavily on a short period of in-season time to keep their businesses running and they wanted this event to proceed as planned as it is an important factor in driving business their way. We certainly understand the gravity of the situation; Dave and I communicate constantly about the conditions and he is on the road every day visiting with our partners. We care deeply about the businesses on the lake and we take our relationships with these families very seriously. My dad has known many of these people for years and he would never do anything to jeopardize the success of their businesses. With all that being said, we have seen some great fishing on the lake and our participants have been able to fish safely and with a lot of success. We can't control the weather but we are monitoring the situation closely. This is a new challenge for many of us and we are doing our best to manage things in a way that allows our partners to be successful and ensures our participants stay safe and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United