Pike N Walleye opener

Anyone do any good?

I spent the weekdays at the hudson trying for stripers which sucked bc of high water that came the day b4 i got there and yesterday I fished otisco and pulled pud. I heard of one tiger caught in the rain.

Anyone do any good? I'm struggling since this weather went to crap.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Which boat were you in Zach? I was out with Riley and didn't see you! I got 1 bass, riley missed a mid 30s at the boat, and we both probably caught pneumonia from spending 8 hours casting in a monsoon. Water was much colder than I would have predicted.

I had to work. Looks like I didn't miss much. I probably won't be out until the Otisco tournament. I saw a nice tiger caught at Conesus by a bass guy yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I heard many reports that sounded similar.  I was at Otisco from Wednesday till Sunday night and talked with tons of bass fishermen and only 1 boat in 10 even saw a tiger and didn't hear of 1 bass guy hooking one and heard of just a couple landed all weekend. Walleye weren't any easier.  I fished both nights till dawn managing just 5 walleye and that wind kicked my butt!  Spent quite a few hours scouting at night and didn't see one tiger which is  rare.  The cold front didn't do us any favors either.  We caught lots of big smallmouths... Couple warm days and no more rain would be a start.  

17 hours ago, old man said:

Gonna be pretty cold for mid May. Any idea on body count for cookout yet?

The forecast I saw yesterday said it is going to be 85* on Wed. and 78* on Thurs before the tourney, and sunny both days. Hopefully that will help bring up water temps, especially if the trend continues into Sat.

Last year I think there was about 25 to 30 anglers. I have no idea if there will be more anglers this year. For food, last year we didn't even use half of what you brought last year. Quite a few people didn't stick around for the cookout. The rest of the meat was kept frozen and was enough for the Chautauqua tourney. There is some difficulty to come up with enough freezer space between us. So, old man, I would say that if you bring half of what you brought last time (burgers, dogs, sausage), it should be enough. Also, there was someone else that said they were going to bring some venison sausage.

This year we have 5x the promotion for the tiger tournament that we ever have had and have finally drawn the attention of locals, last year we had miserable weather and no one wanted to stick around for the cookout but I expect a different scenario this year.

Our forecast looks outstanding and I'd expect our cookout to include 3x the amount as last year so muskiedreams, please check with me before you make any decisions that could negatively effect this event. If freezer space is the concern, I can store whatever is needed happily.

Oldman - any questions, please feel free to contact me at 585-414-0138. Thanks for your outstanding generosity over these years, your a very valuable member , please know your appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll bring about the same then. We could always give away the extra to members. Also cny kayak anglers are having a bass tournament that day. I suggested they enter our event as well since some will no doubt catch a tiger. Maybe we can score a couple new members?