Oswego Web cams

Oswego Web cams

I hate to bring up old stuff but when I see what I saw the past week it makes me sad to see the the City of Oswego has not turned on any web cams or installed any new ones as

they mentioned they would.Several times last week I sat above Wrights landing over looking the lake and watched several vehicles towing there boats to launch only to have to turn around because

they couldn't get out on the lake because of the conditions.For many it is a chore to load up and travel,then the disappointment, Those cams provided a visual of the true conditions and with a little grapevine effect

more people would come to know that there is visual and info out there they could check before hand. Oswego has allotted monies for the waterfront project,On LOU there is a camera installed at Sandy Creek, great live view,for a few thousand "Oswego" it'd be worth it. It also use to be nice to see the Harbor and the docks,remember,you could see if anyone was messing with your boat???

I agree with you. It seems like the new mayor has other priorities besides Wrights Landing. I stopped by earlier to buy a new launch permit to find the shack still boarded up, 2 days before the season opens. On the one hand they're not charging guys to launch, on the other they're losing some revenue, but maybe it doesn't justify paying someone to collect a few bucks.

I  do use that too along with NOAA reports, there is nothing like a live view, as a pro member I'm sure you have used the live cam installed on LOU. The only problem with that is its 30 miles west ,conditions can be a lot different here. Would be nice to have a few more live cams along the entire coast. Not only for fisherman but for all aspects of the lake.

I agree - would be nice to have more resources especially for guys who are trailering.  I don't have a choice - I'm at the boat every weekend - if it's coming over the breakwalls I stay in the slip - if not I go out, but I agree it would be nice to be able to look around.  The one last year I could look at my boat from my desk and that was nice. Miss that.