Were Any Fish Caught Upper East End?

Were Any Fish Caught Upper East End?

I haven't seen any fishing reports from the Jefferson County shoreline. Seems like fishing was good along the south shore, SE and out west. Nothing but crickets north of Mexico...

There are some entries on the LOC leader board from Henderson Harbor but no one has posted any fishing reports or pics of their fish. I know it's been slim pickin's out of Jefferson County but there are some fish being caught.

Launched out of Stoney Creek yesterday at 6AM.  Turned left past the last channel marker. Trolled around Drowned Island. Nothing. Went north toward Stoney Point. Managed 5 Browns in the 7 -9 pound range, a 7 pound walleye, a whitefish and a Laker that was a solid 10 pounds. Turned around at Stoney Point Light. Overall a good day. Most fish came in 17-22 fow. Evil eyes did most of the damage. Good luck to all this weekend. Stoney Creek is super high now...wear waterproof boots to launch. No issues getting out to the lake from this boat launch.

I'm sure you are right about tight lipped walleye guys Landshark. I don't fish for walleye, I was just hoping to see some pics of what was caught. I've seen a few good reports on the forum from some of those guys.

drlfc, thanks for the report! Sounds like you had a good day on the lake.

Edited by Todd in NY

17 hours ago, jopes said:

Might be interesting with the colder waters if they don't warm up.

Yeah, good point about the importance of water temps. It's supposed to start warming up a bit this week.

13 hours ago, drlfc said:

Launched out of Stoney Creek yesterday at 6AM.  Turned left past the last channel marker. Trolled around Drowned Island. Nothing. Went north toward Stoney Point. Managed 5 Browns in the 7 -9 pound range, a 7 pound walleye, a whitefish and a Laker that was a solid 10 pounds. Turned around at Stoney Point Light. Overall a good day. Most fish came in 17-22 fow. Evil eyes did most of the damage. Good luck to all this weekend. Stoney Creek is super high now...wear waterproof boots to launch. No issues getting out to the lake from this boat launch.

Are the Stoney Creek bouys above water?

Was up at my uncles hunting/fishing camp over on the Oswegotchi River Sunday water was pretty high over there. Helped get that camp opened up and ready. Snowed the whole time and it was cold, the sun came out for a bit so we hit the water, pike were active that's for sure, 24" to approx 30" was the best with many in the 15" zone. The clouds set in and the wind kicked up and blew so hard we were drifting up stream even with the river high and flowing heavy. We fished 1hr. Till it wasn't fit for man or beast. Headed over to camp in Dexter only to see the water higher then ever in my time. The Dexter dam was shooting water out over the dam as hard as it was in that flood a few years ago. There was whole trees roots and all litterly flying over the dam then we got our camp up and running put our new gazebo up that a tree branch busted off a huge pine tree in the wind and a branch punched a hole in our roof and destroyed our canopy and bent the long roller that the canopy rolls up on and smashed our gazebo, we fixed all this earlier as the camp owner called and told us about the situation. We didn't fish due to most launches were under water. We took the rod off the trailer to bring home to try to straiten and removed the canopy from the trailer. Will return with new canopy and hopefully a straitened rod. Start our prodject of repairs and hopefully Mother Nature cooperates and the water subsides some!!

1 hour ago, Chas0218 said:

My buddy did real well on the browns with one over 15lbs. this week caught 6 more lost 1 and 1 bonus steelie. He was out of Henderson.

Seems like fishing has been better out of Henderson than Chaumont.

Pap, I hope you don't have any more issues at camp. It's a lot harder to maintain things when you live out of state.

I take my boat up to Cranberry Lake when I'm not fishing Lake Ontario. It's a nice change of scenery and better suited for quality, quiet family time.

Edited by Todd in NY

Henderson is useable. I launched there yesterday. Make sure to wear extra high rubber boots as the front of the dock is underwater

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

CK and Todd - Thanks for your responses. It looks and sounds like as of now the launches are open but obviously it may be a little more challenging than usual to get the boat launched and retrieved. Much appreciated!  

Just left sackets harbor today... launch in town is closed due to high water, had to launch at the Dexter launch in black river by the dam. Ramp to the dock is underwater but docks themselves are not. Knee boots and you will be fine to launch there (limited parking just fyi). Fishing was slow but the few bites we got were really nice fish, no browns but caught 4 eyes in the 7lb+ range with the biggest coming in at 31" and 11lbs (personal best)... ended up going 10/14 on eyes over the 3 days we were there (all eyes were released). Goodluck we had a blast!

Edited by FishingFool34