Northeast End Opening Weekend

wallaholic

Kept 10 on Saturday, released some shorts, 1 smallmouth, 1 pike, dozen or so jumbo perch.

Sunday was a short morning, kept 3, lost one at the net. Tough conditions, rain was annoying, wind on Sunday-could have done without. Friends had to get back home. Debris was worst where the bite was best. Some boats got em a lot of boats didn't. Some big fish were caught but the ones we got were mostly all the same year class. Sundays fish were bigger.

Fished with my Dad, Father in law, and my friends. Stayed at the cottage, men's weekend but still missed the wife and kids. Got a few pics.IMG_2270.JPGIMG_2269.JPGIMG_2267.JPGIMG_2265.JPGIMG_2262.JPGIMG_2261.JPGIMG_2258.JPGIMG_2259.JPGIMG_2258.JPGIMG_2254.JPGIMG_2252.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea buddy there's a nice batch of eye, we got to camp Sunday eve, drove up in a mix of snow and rain, woke up to 30*temp and snowing like hell. The BRCG launch was closed, Dexter public launch was open but there was no way I could get others in the boat, the water was raging down over the falls and all the walk area was under 2-3ft of swift moveing water with whole trees flying over the dam. Freaken scary stuff, Monday after noon we drove out to Isthmus, there we could of launched, but it's a put the boat back on the trailer ordeal, Henchens is under water and so is Henderson public launch, so I drove out to the next marinia before the road goes up a little, he fixed my lower unit 2years ago, he said I wouldn't do it, they towed 2 boats in since the walleye season opened, with extensive damage to the hull on one boat, and the other had a large branch caught up in the out drive, something about it or the owner tried to push the branch out under the boat and broke the metal lines on the rams and he had the motor to high to make any headway.. As he's telling us this, here comes a picnic table with a small looked like a barbecue grill on top. Yea there ain't no walleye worth destroying your boat over. Then he told us, no faster than 6mph till we get on the other side of association isle. Those folks are in a world of hurt. From isthmus to long point that road that both side of LakeO they had a just run a grader through to open the road, it was full of rocks and tree branches you name it was there. The water at the Dexter camp ground 3" over night, when we got there the boards on a park bench were above the water, we helped two older guys out of the camp launch this morning and the bench boards were under water this morning. I don't think you can understand the damage UNTILL you see first hand. It's very bad, I heard they were sandbagging parts of Chaumont bay areas now also.:sweating:

Nice! We tried for a bit till the weather got bad. I ended up having fuel issues 6mph to the dock, buddies boat wouldn't start either had to kicker all the way back in. Ended up bullheadin the rest of the day... Thought I had a nice eye in the river... Turned out to be a bowfin lol. Curse of the opener I tell ya!

Sent from my Z831 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey wallaholic.

very nice fish

I was just out in OZ this past week trying to get some eyes. Me and a buddy of mine go out there every year for the opener and a few more weekends throughout the year.  We always fish at dark.  We have never gotten a walleye in that area during daylight hours at all.  I here of a charter captain or a local snagging one during the day but very rarely and inconsistently.  We like to fish 12' of water or less for em this time of year.  Tell me, what am I missing, that will put me on some of those fish during the day.  Any info would be greatly appreciated